Rokuhan Z scale Hokutosei set

kevsmiththai

Bought the Rokuhan T002-8 twin Hokkaido DD51s and the T017-1 seven car Hokutosei coach set at Zedex back in October and have just got round to having a look at them. I already have some other DD51s so knew these would match their performance in running and detail but was interested in how the coaches measured up (I've always been a bit disappointed in the Tenshodo offerings)

All in all I'm quite pleased with them. I know where there is a five coach extension set for sale locally which I'll get but I think twelve coaches might be a bit big for Hakkuho, For those of you wondering why my thread on that layout has gone a bit quiet lately, sadly the real world has intervened! I've had to relay the kitchen and dining room floor at home following some water being where it shouldn't  be and at work it is the 'RHTT' season. This is where we run the track treatment trains for Network Rail to combat the leaf fall problems the Autumn brings. It is a ten week period when it is all hands to the pump to keep the Network clear and safe.

So.

Video is here

I'm staring to think that as I've got a Z scale and an H0 model of the Blue DD51s I might get an N scale and the Aoshima large scale kit to make a set

Maybe?

Kev

• Like 5