Hello Everyone!

Hakubi Line

Hello Everyone! My name is Evan Miller, and I'm a railfan, N scaler, and photographer from Kentucky.  I've come to find Japanese trains to be fascinating and cool!  I'd say what got me into Japanese trains was Scott Loathes' piece on Hokkaido's railroads in the August 2012 Trains. Of course getting in anime and J-Pop made Japanese railroading even more appealing. I decided to go by Hakubi Line because I've decided that's where I want to go if I can ever travel to Japan.  The classic power and awesome scenery is hard to beat!

My other hobbies include local history, WW1 history, historic and modern firearms, coal mining history, and others of course. My favorite historical American railroads are Southern, L&N, Seaboard System, Virginian, and Norfolk and Western. And long live ALCO!

Edited by Hakubi Line
  • Like 3

Welcome Evan!  Sounds like you have a lot of interesting hobbies.  The Hakubi Line is a great choice, theres a lot of interesting classic trains still running on the line, including Japans last sleeper train!

DanielMackay

Long live Alco, indeed. I am collecting and planning for a Japanese-themed layout, but Alcos and Amtrak will make appearances. Welcome to the Forum.