wireing, or lack of?? An updates

Jimbo

I decided to use led lighting, after a meltdown!!,    I just cant see to work with such small wires!! an can these led lights be glued in place or sticky back tape??    I also have made some changes, an added a couple of different engines, an two more EMUs an some buildings,,, Oh I will not buy another Mircotrain  at all junk! in my book

smd leds are tiny and take a lot of care soldering up. you can find them with leads attached on ebay and elsewhere for a bit more. for buildings you dont need the tiny tiny ones and the 1210 size are small enough to be easy to mount in the ceiling of a room in a building but big enough to easily solder wires to.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1210-3528-SMD-LED-PLCC-2-Super-bright-Ultra-Bright-light-Emitting-Diode/322594946677?hash=item4b1c283e75:m:m943A0C_EyJsi2yFCBqye9g

you can find white, cool white and warm white in these little guys. little dot of thick ca glue or even just silicone seal or any cement really will work. they dont get anywhere near as hot as the grain of wheat bulbs that can melt down buildings.

a good wire is called wrapping wire. its 30 gauge wire that is pretinned so the braded wire is bit more tough for stripping than other fine wires can be. also since pretinned it solders really fast and well. couple of rolls will last a lifetime! search 305 wire 30 on ebay.

part of the hobby's challenge are dealing with tiny bits. Its always ironic when folks see me working on the trains with tiny parts, wires and tools with my huge mitts. but i love the challenge and tiny stuff so its worth it. mostly its practice practice practice, so ive learned to just go into something new in the hobby with the first few times being pre considered to be failures and learning and just experience and then it gets easier and easier. even when i walk away from something for a while when i come back i try to do a practice. like soldering ive soldered for like 55 years now and i still make sure to do a couple of quick practice solders when i start working anew on soemthing. makes a world of difference!

jeff

• Like 2