OPEN SOUND DATA

yaasan

Do you enjoy OPEN SOUND DATA?

If you use ESU58731 LokSOund5 micro DCC Kato Japan, please be careful to install decoder to your locomotive. Isolation is very important. Some DCC friendly locomotive does not match with ESU58731 because this decoder has high electronics parts on the pcb. 

I write some information to install. Please check.

https://www.esu.eu/en/products/loksound/loksound-5-micro-dcc-kato/

ESU58731_TroubleAttention_english.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
William Sparks

Thanks so very much for taking on this project. Please consider developing a Loksound V4 version of the DD51 sound files. I look forward to using several of your files in my future projects. Thanks again and take care.  :-)

We are currently developing original DCC sound decoder which based Raspberry pi MCU "RP2040". This decoder can customize using "Sound Flow" CSV program.

Please see demo video as the following tweet. 

image.thumb.png.411cb7cf40213219a558ab96438b95f5.png

Rev0_omote.jpg

• Like 5

I am developing original sound decoder. Our original sound decoder will support OPEN SOUND DATA.

The following video is N-scale our decoder demonstration. The train sound is Meitetsu 2000 series in Aichi Pref.

Installed decoder is SmileSound Mini Next18 prototype sound decoder. See attached photo.

SSD_ Next18_表.jpg

• Like 4

Equipped my KATO 485 Series EMU with the MT54 Sound Project.

DSC_0006.thumb.JPG.be44239283b48459f9b64ab0d147e764.JPG

Very awesome Stuff! Thanks for your Work!

Edited by Steve
loco.engineering

Hi guys. is there a chance to get sounds in .wav or at least mp3 format? are there any reasons why you don't use just any standard format mp3, opus or even wav to upload sounds on decoders and play them?

SwallowAngel

AFAIK the sound decoders only take a certain (propriotary) format. Uploading sounds directly isn't gonna work, it'll have to be translated into those formats first.

However I do have to agree that it would be neato to have the sounds as standalone soundfiles. It would open the door to DIY-ing a Kato-Soundbox-ish system with a Rasberry Pi or something. So count me in as interested too...

(Totally reasonable though to not release the raw data due to legal concerns or personal interest though, just sayin)

Hi, i am getting into sound dcc. Got myself an E235 and ESU decoder installed.

First of all, thank you for the open sound project, yaasan.

However, I found the sound quality a bit lacking. I have tried installed a different speaker, bigger baffle, and sealing the enclosure, but I can still hear some clipping noise from the audio.

I downloaded the lokprogrammer to check the sound and function. Some of the sound ended too early before fading out. and some other sound were too loud and caused clipped (I've lowered the volume in the decoder/programmer and the clipped audio is still there). I downloaded and compared other sounds from ESU, and the audio were not clipped.

are there ways to extract the sound out to edit?