Rod Stewart’s railway

Sheffie

4 hours ago, chadbag said:

What a raspy voice does for you... 🙂

But the hobby keeps him forever young.  🙇‍♂️

I wonder if he ever slips up and starts talking to groupies about trains.  "Babe, I know you think I'm sexy and want my body, but... EMD or GE?"  I always have '80s radio on in the car, there's some Sir Rod every few hours or so, I'll definitely enjoy his tunes more from now on.

• Haha 2

Instead of a big party in his hotel room after all those shows, he was in his hotel room weathering a brick warehouse.  He's my new role model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes I saw this this morning on the BBC website. It is certainly not new news. I have seen his American layout a few times in Model Railroader some years ago. He apparently also has a British layout in one of his British properties, inspired by the area of London he grew up in but I’ve not seen pictures of this. Perhaps it is the first time a British publication has featured his American layout, which is very impressive, and the British media jumped on the band wagon.

I think there’s quite a few old British rockers that model railways. I guess driving Rolls Royces into swimming pools gets boring after a while.

• Like 1

Then there’s the beetles producer that started collecting the real things!

a friend’s husband created a large custom O scale layout for Neil young’s LA production office. Nice to have money! 

jeff

I wonder how many high profile types play with trains but don’t want it public... Great rod is out loud and proud so to speak on his trains! It sounded like he was not for part of his career. Kudos also to Neil young and his efforts to keep, lionel afloat.

jeff