Broken Harness Wires

shadowtiger25

shadowtiger25

I have a Tenshodo C62-2 with a QSI decoder with broken wires to its harness.

I will add pictures of the harness.

Its complicated how it got to this point, but I dont know what to do anymore... So, this model has an 8Pin harness that is attached to the decoder, with one wire going to the rear light, and the rest to the engine which is where it gets weird as it has a 7 Pin harness that connects to the main body of the SL. I have no idea how to replace this harness as it has gotten a bit worse for wear after my last attempted repair.

or should I just try to solder it back again?

photo4967627885896640611.thumb.jpg.b355f82eb98028dbacc935f4c124aa64.jpgphoto4967694028392999018.thumb.jpg.dddb72d2d0ca39431762ebfcff642198.jpg

• Sad 1
Martijn Meerts

Bit hard to see in the pictures, but if you solder the wires back onto the harness that’d be the best option. If the harness is too damaged, you should also be able to find a more universal replacement harness, but in that case you’d have to replace the part in the loco as well. Could also check if Tenshodo has spare parts available of course. 

Perhaps they used a standard connector and a replacement can be gotten from an electronics supply?  That almost looks like a JST connector, although you'd want to check before cutting that one off.

shadowtiger25
On 10/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, Kiha66 said:

Perhaps they used a standard connector and a replacement can be gotten from an electronics supply?  That almost looks like a JST connector, although you'd want to check before cutting that one off.

I looked up jst connectors, i'm going to git some and compare.

I'd say that replacing it may be your best option, looks like there is some damage to the connector near the 4th wire. Better to replace that then to have to replace the board. 

shadowtiger25
On 10/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, nah00 said:

I'd say that replacing it may be your best option, looks like there is some damage to the connector near the 4th wire. Better to replace that then to have to replace the board. 

To be honest, that's part of the long story. the purple wire was kind of soldered on and I damaged plasic