Lucky 13!

nik_n_dad

Snowy day here.  

Nik was catching up on homework from having the flu... Mom enjoying a day off... I did 13 (successful) loco decoder installs (ok, none of them were wire-ins).

Putting off the (inevitable) wire-in shinkansens and such for last....

Snow!? It was 65 degrees today in NY.

13 decoders in one day, that's a lot.  :icon_thumright:

For the Shinkansen, is it a Kato or a Tomix? If it's a Kato a slide in decoder should also work.

Ok, all the answers & comments in one place.....

1) Here in Colorado it got cold and stayed that way today (with sleet & snow)!

2) I got Nik (my son) the NCE ProCab system for his birthday earlier this year (ok, I got it for both of us).  Our LHS sells 4 or 5 brands, but for a number of reasons (and wireless being one of the biggies), they & we felt this fit us best.  Been very happy with it.  The company has been great to work with for questions as well.  I can share more (in another thread)  if you're interested.

3) I wish all of our Kato, Tomix & MicroAce shinkansens and other Japanese prototypes took the slide-in decoders!  Already converted those.  What we're (meaning "me") are left with are wire-ins for the motor cars and then futzing with the myriad of weird ways everyone chose to do the headlight\tail light combo.  Have started working on the motorcars, that's the (relatively) easy part.  Have been putting off the cab\end cars.