Hokutosei Formations?

Welshbloke

Just wondering whether there's a site with diagrams of the various Hokutosei rakes? Also details such as when the 25.0 series OHaNeFus and OHaNes were replaced with the 25.200 and 25.100 subclasses?

Asking as I seem to have acquired another partial set. This one is Tomix 92615, but I also have 2/3rds of a more recent Tomix one (98267/8) and a B Train Shorty version.

Edited by Welshbloke
Wrong part number!

I think I need to wait for the new acquisition and see what the coaches are! I suspect I need a pair of OHaNeFus and three OHaNes to finish it though, as it looks as if you get the more unusual coaches in the box set. It's described as JR Hokkaido but from what I see they were responsible for about half of the coaches, with JR East having responsibility for the other half.

Judging by the diagrams the lobby car type changed at some point, and towards the end of the service the three OHaNe 25s at the far end from the KaNi were swapped for different coaches.

Right, after a bit of Google Translate and extrapolation from the Wiki article, I think what I have is the original 1988 Hokutosei minus four coaches. I'm assuming they should be two OHaNeFu 25 200s and two OHaNe 25 100s, although the diagrams aren't especially helpful due to not using standard carriage designations. Quite why they thought "EG" should replace "KaNi 24 0" (for example) is beyond me!

The rule of thumb seems to be at least one OHaNeFu to two normal coaches, and later formations had three for the twelve coach train, hence my best guess.