Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Kato's "Tokyu 7000 Series"

Sheffie

Kato 10-1305

Tokyu Corporation Series 7000 (8-Car Set) *Legend Collection

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10454719

Does anybody own this stainless steel subway train?

I like the look of it, and I've been looking out for a longer EMU to run on Layout 2.0, and this one should just fit within the length of the platform. But I'm not sure. The description doesn't mention a flywheel motor, for example, so perhaps it doesn't run particularly well. The description does mention spinning brake disks. How do those work? Are they a liability?

In short... any information welcome.

railsquid

I like the look of it, and I've been looking out for a longer EMU to run on Layout 2.0, and this one should just fit within the length of the platform. But I'm not sure. The description doesn't mention a flywheel motor, for example, so perhaps it doesn't run particularly well.

It's a 2017 release so I would be surprised if it didn't have a modern mechanism including flywheel.

The description does mention spinning brake disks. How do those work? Are they a liability?

AFAIK they will be decorative, representing the distinctive look of the prototype.

Official Kato page here: http://www.katomodels.com/product/n/tokyu7000

Kiha66

I've seen videos of it, this one is on my wish list.  It has a special truck design iirc, so the brake disks do visibly spin as the wheels rotate.  Its a neat effect.

• Like 4