Re-assemble Kato 10-1437

RogerMc

Arrrgh, so my latest acquisition arrived from Ami Ami and upon opening and removal from the box, the powered truck fell off. OK, nothing major, I can deal with that. Got the shell removed no trouble.

But when I removed the bottom grey portion from the frame, the small cream colored switch flew out from an unknown universe. I got the truck reinstalled fine, but I have no idea how and where this switch should be positioned.

I ~think~ my photo has the parts oriented correctly, the instruction booklet was no help at all.

Would the kind Doctor walk me through the re-assembly please?

Many thanks!

I've never before dealt with a Kato having a bottom power switch, never even seen one. I can't even find a photo of an example to guide me. The loco runs fine as is, I just need to get the pieces back where they belong.

IMG_6382.jpg

Edited by RogerMc

The switch is for the head/tail lights. There'll be a couple of contacts it presses together when in the "on" position. I don't have one of these to compare but it should just drop into place with the underframe detail moulding holding it on.

• Like 1

OK thanks, that was enough. I dropped the switch into the tan colored opening oriented as shown. I then pushed down & slid the switch towards the left and under the two grey 'wings'. At that point the switch was somewhat captive. Once I re-installed the grey underframe details, the switch was held in. Tested lights on/off and all is well.

THANKS!

Edited by RogerMc

There are actually no instructions for installing the FL12 decoder. There's a statement it's the proper decoder for use, but that's all.

• Like 1