Signal help

Lawrence

Guys, I have a couple of Tomix signals but I'll be damned if I can find anywhere (in English) that tells me how to control them. They are like this 

and have some plugs attached 

The black plugs seem to operate the semaphores but I have no idea what the little white one is for, perhaps LED power.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if there is a particular switch I can purchase to operate this signal, what power do I need for the switch and/or LED.

Any help would be appreciated

scotspensioner

Lawrence

On a whim I looked at the Tomix 2015/6 catalogue.On page 326 there's a diagram showing how to wire the semaphore signals including the double arm one.

The white ended cable linked via an intermediate connection piece to the Tomix controller.The power is 12v DC.

The two motors were connected to switches attached to the power unit ( Kato Style) thus giving control to the arms.Switch types listed are 5533/5535/5536 but I am uncertain which is which( Pages 318/9)

The white cable would appear to be common to all the signals ( Power to the lamps?)

I have no understanding of Japanese whatsoever!

Hope this is of use. Best of luck

Edited by scotspensioner
Additional info
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, I don't have a TCS so this will have to be be a bit of home made wiring methinks. Am I right in thinking the white plug is for automatic sensing? I guess I can buy a couple of the switches you mention, they look like they would take a spade connector, and stick 12v on them and see how we go.

What can possibly go wrong 🙄