Light Flicker

Namba5

The cab of my Kyushu 885 series has constantly flickering lights. I thought it was the wheels being dirty and not being able to conduct but apparently it's not the problem. What can I do to make the lights not flicker or what might be wrong? Thank you!!

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

Dirty copper strips in the bodies or springs. Even the metal stripes in the car itself.

How should I clean it? Thanks!

the same way you clean the track.

By the way, with KATO it's also sometimes bad connection. Check if the copper strips are really touching the LCD assembly, and that the strips are really touching the weights. Sometimes they vibrate and also cause some flickering when it's perfectly clean. Bending the strips slightly or using aluminum tape helps too.

• Like 1

Isopropanol and a qtip works well to clean contacts. Avoid any specialized metal contact cleaners unless they are specifically plastic safe.

these makeup applicators I find especially good for cleaning contacts as they have a good tip and don’t shed fibers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Pcs-Disposable-Lip-Lipstick-Gloss-Wands-Brush-Applicator-Tools-Stick-Mak-Q8K5/273954100697?hash=item3fc8efd5d9%3Ag%3AQ2MAAOSwS-FdRRCH&LH_BIN=1

jeff

• Like 1