New Tomix Shop

JR 500系

Came upon this news while visiting Tomytec website:

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/ts_omiya/

Tomix world Tec Station is now open near Omiya Station!

It looks great! Anyone been there yet? Would love to see some photos from within!

Also there are some quite good deals for the opening sale, such as a starter kit (5 to choose from) with a station turnout set + Overhead station + platform for long trains at only 20000yen and also Basic 3 car sets (4 to choose from) with Plan B layout set (the one with the station turnout and controller) + platform for long trains and Overhead station at 25000yen!

Edited by disturbman

I really want to go there, but it's on the other side of town... Maybe if I can persuade my girlfriend to go there when we go to her mom and dad. Then again, it doesn't look as interesting as I expected... At least, not as well stocked as the Kato showroom in Higashi-Shinjuku.

NuclearErick

Tomix World 200系 Joestu Shinkansen 30th Years Special Edition(2)

Tomix World 200系 Joestu Shinkansen 30th Years Special Edition(1)

not my pics or models

this is another Special Limited Edition only sold at new Tomix World ??

kinda like the 800系 U001 Kiosk edition ??

Edited by NuclearErick
bikkuri bahn
this is another Special Limited Edition only sold at new Tomix World ??

Yes, only available at the Omiya location (トオミックスワールド大宮限定品).

NuclearErick
It is available on Yahoo for around ¥20,000.

i dont have CC ,not premium member either and/or dont know how to do a Bank Transfer

most of my collection is from COD payment

Ochanomizu

Hello Mr NuclearEric,

You are in Aichi?  What better excuse to take a trip to Tokyo Tomix World than to buy the train?

• Like 1

Has anyone been here recently?

Is it worth the trip out of Central Tokyo for?

Looking at planning day trips to here but it seems a bit out of the way compared to most other main stores in and around Tokyo.

Thoughts appreciated

go to the museum for the afternoon, then to tomix world before you head back to central tokyo.  it is a five minute walk from omiya station and the shop is open until 7pm.

• Like 2

Point to note though, their regular off days are on Tuesdays.

今月・来月の定休日

2015年2月 1 2 3定休日 4 5 6 7 8 9 10定休日 11 12 13 14 15 16 17定休日 18 19 20 21 22 23 24定休日 25 26 27 28

2015年3月 1 2 3定休日 4 5 6 7 8 9 10定休日 11 12 13 14 15 16 17定休日 18 19 20 21 22 23 24定休日 25 26 27 28 29 30 31定休日        

が定休日/休業日です

I'll be dropping by for a short while after our Gala Yuzawa trip this April. Will try to post  some more information here. ~  :)

• Like 1
VentureForth

I got to check this place out last month when I had to take an emergency trip to Japan.  It is way cool, albeit much smaller than I hoped for.  There are two sets of layouts, one big one with about 6 control stations, and three smaller ones with two stations each.  They have set out just about every single set they offer in their catalog against a wall.  I wish I found this four year old thread earlier, and I'd have posted pics.

The thing that I think is really cool is that they have a prize gacha machine, where you could win some pretty cool stuff.  Even the minimum stuff is worth the money (I can't remember if it was 200, 300 or 500 yen per try).

VentureForth

Their big layout...

fbfcb5fbeef35a131d9fe32b0bf3d6a7.jpg

be90c9c6500699faf3479adea07a8571.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by VentureForth
  • Like 7
VentureForth

And a bit of one of the smaller ones:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1
VentureForth

I wondered where that big layout was located.  It features in many pages of their recently layout building books.

Do they publish their layouts online?

VentureForth

I wish I had taken more advantage of it while I was there.  Like I said, it was a whirlwind 48 hour turnaround trip.  I was happy to get there, but now I need to go back to actually visit again.  I actually contemplated buying their ¥1800 catalog, but stupidly didn't.

I am currently traveling in Japan with a Chinese friend, it's our big winter vacation time in China.

5 more days until I have to go back to China.... (Eww... 6-7 day work week, tons of dirt and trash, brainless people)

I was in Yodobashi Camera Umeda (downtown Osaka) the other day and I was able to pick up TOMIX 98603, JR East 200 Series Tohoku Shinkansen (H Set). I've always REALLY liked these trains, along with the Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen 100 Series trains, because of the shark nose styling.

This is my first Tomix Shinkansen, I generally prefer KATO Shinkansen, because to my mind, the KATO diaphragm coupling system looks more accurate to Shinkansen trains that do not feature a full width, flush diaphragm (e.g.: the N700A, E5, H5)

My question is, does Tomix have an "Official" outlet? The Yodobashi Camera in Umeda didn't have the add-on sets in stock.... And I'd prefer to have the full 16 car train!

The add-on sets are: 98604 Add-on Set A (3 cars) and 98605 Add-on Set B (7 cars).

I am in Kyoto and Nagoya for the next few days before flying back home to China.... *sigh*

Ewan

Hi Ewan;

Yes, that's an official Tomix/ Tomytec store, and it is in Omiya; http://tomixworld.jp  

a short walk from Omiya station... it should have a lot of sets. however, if it is too far, you might want to try more of the other hobby shops around you, like Tam Tam or Hobbyland Pochi etc...

* side note, i see now why you were unable to locate the add-on sets... cause it is scheduled for re-release in May (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10368108), so probably it would be hard to find actual stocks of the first release sets now.... 

Hmm.... Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have a look at some other stores.... We're doing the shopping for people back home tomorrow.... Makeup & medicine.... What Chinese people ALWAYS want to buy from Japan!

Or I might have to ask Japanese friends if they can get them for me and I'll pick them up next time I'm here.... Probably won't be back until next CNY....

Ewan