Jump to content

What did you run today?


lighthouse

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Going down the every variation of every version rabbit hole?

 

jeff

 

Would be nice!

 

Some people like steam, some people like freight, and some people like Shinkansens! 

 

(I like most but am partial to containers, and special liveries myself, in the modern and near modern era as they are ones I am likely to have seen or might possibly see in real life -- I may never get to X where they have train Y, but I might, and the model points to the future visit!)

Link to post
serotta1972
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

 

Nah, probably not. Well not immediately. I have 3 more (E1, E7, and 400 series) to get before I have at least one of each basic kind. After that I'll probably just pick up what takes my fancy from time to time, at a much less frenetic rate. I doubt if I'll ever need to get one of every shade and shape. More likely I'll get doubles/triples of my favorites.

 

Uh oh. I became a master train buyer and neglected the modeling and layout building part.  Don't be that guy. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
JR 500系

Gavin has got a new space to run his beautiful lengthy shinkansens so i can guess that's where he got the inspiration from!  🙂

 

Well maybe not every variant and space, but surely every livery?  😛

Like example - N700, N700a, N700A (the big A is not the same as the small a), N700S

Also, 700, 700-7000 Railstar, 700 Sayonara 

then there's the E3sssssssss

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
jappomania
9 hours ago, gavino200 said:

 

Nah, probably not. Well not immediately. I have 3 more (E1, E7, and 400 series) to get before I have at least one of each basic kind. After that I'll probably just pick up what takes my fancy from time to time, at a much less frenetic rate. I doubt if I'll ever need to get one of every shade and shape. More likely I'll get doubles/triples of my favorites.

 

 

 

be careful......
the dark side of the force is strong with this........😈

  • Haha 1
Link to post
gavino200
8 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Uh oh. I became a master train buyer and neglected the modeling and layout building part.  Don't be that guy. 😁

 

It's never too later to start working on your layout  🙂

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
17 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Uh oh. I became a master train buyer and neglected the modeling and layout building part.  Don't be that guy. 😁

 

Train buying is the fun part.  

Link to post
JR 500系

Kintetsu wishes one and all a Happy and Fruitful 2022!

 

20220102_185352.jpg.797f80aed78fbde92e7614197644da7d.jpg

Mamo-raku, Densha ka ha-sha shi-masu

 

20220102_172347.thumb.jpg.bf20abc965b06225a5f24c3d1a944655.jpg

Kintetsu Yard - Urban Liner, Vistacar and Iseshima Liner 

 

20220102_162940.thumb.jpg.592969e9b7b7eb3cd561ccf7ce87ea79.jpg

 

20220102_163024.thumb.jpg.5e80d22e218774d916b7964bacd76e82.jpg

 

20220102_163105.thumb.jpg.a4eaff3cfd9598bff7f4248d630c964c.jpg

21000 series Urban Liner NEXT

 

20220102_163640.thumb.jpg.97b09d41ec417c92077ee07f8505c66a.jpg

 

20220102_163657.thumb.jpg.408cc31e6d4000f0211f41aa3c64e650.jpg

 

20220102_163713.thumb.jpg.3a7efbfaa6a8d7bc531d880ca0365bcf.jpg

The Tsudoi coupled in old and new livery to increase commuter capacity ~

 

And of course a short video ~

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
gavino200

This is something my son wanted to try. Apparently he saw it in some footage on YouTube of some old time railroad shunting. I didn't think it would work for more than a second or two. Surprisingly it held like that for about five feet.

 

S0lqw5k.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post

Some JR Hokkaido running:

 

image.thumb.png.1b7c5376603ffd03bf51a9fd623aa0d0.png

283 series and 261 series 'hamanasu' operating ozora limited express. 

 

image.thumb.png.2b91b3d30261d543c26f4c722a3418c1.png

image.thumb.png.ffb3d2f60522f713285cf6621fdf3bce.png

Kiha 40s in JR Hokkaido and Blessings of Drift Ice Livery

 

image.thumb.png.761eaf9870fe3853a41e9ffe9d1608fa.png

3 Kiha 40 (2 in vermillion livery and 1 in blessings of hokkaido forest livery) operating a Nemuro main line local train

image.png

  • Like 6
Link to post
On 1/18/2022 at 12:04 AM, Kamome said:

That Kato rural station looks very smart indeed. 

 

Yeah it's a nice piece. I did consider using this Tomytec station instead as it's commonly seen in Hokkaido (and I've seen it in Tohoku also)

 

https://www.plazajapan.com/4543736266044/

 

but I thought since I also have quite a bit of stock from outside North Japan it made sense to get a more generic looking station that might be seen anywhere in Japan.

Edited by Arctic
typo
Link to post

And nice to have the ability to have trains meeting before the next single line section. 

The Tomytec rural stations are nice. I have a single car one that I started making a small diorama with. It’s mounted on a ¥300 two-tiered display case from Daiso (¥100 shop) Lost a bit of momentum with it and can’t think what to put on the lower level. I need to either fashion a ramp or some more steps whilst leaving some space for something else. Probably need some photographic inspiration.

7A859D1A-238A-486D-A2A4-DA5CDDA660B5.jpeg

02CC07CB-1167-420C-9C64-82A495AA9ADE.jpeg

BC6BC821-F92A-47FF-9988-1B5B4D767122.jpeg

1D5519CD-55D7-4848-ACD9-D6826581FD98.jpeg

4CB879A9-2F38-42B3-9ACE-F641BCD831A5.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Kamome said:

And nice to have the ability to have trains meeting before the next single line section. 

The Tomytec rural stations are nice. I have a single car one that I started making a small diorama with. It’s mounted on a ¥300 two-tiered display case from Daiso (¥100 shop) Lost a bit of momentum with it and can’t think what to put on the lower level. I need to either fashion a ramp or some more steps whilst leaving some space for something else. Probably need some photographic inspiration.

7A859D1A-238A-486D-A2A4-DA5CDDA660B5.jpeg

02CC07CB-1167-420C-9C64-82A495AA9ADE.jpeg

BC6BC821-F92A-47FF-9988-1B5B4D767122.jpeg

1D5519CD-55D7-4848-ACD9-D6826581FD98.jpeg

4CB879A9-2F38-42B3-9ACE-F641BCD831A5.jpeg

The weathering you've applied to that Kiha is spot on. It looks very nice.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, comeng84 said:

The weathering you've applied to that Kiha is spot on. It looks very nice.

Nothing spectacular. Line details using my usual diluted Tamiya panel line accent brown and black mix. Underside built up using diluted enamel paint in brown and black. If you go too heavy, you work back into it with a brush damp with enamel thinners, if not enough, add some more alternating between the two colours. Each colour by itself doesn’t look quite right but the brown adds the rust and crud and the black adds shadow to the details. 

5EF4D9D3-1725-4B8E-97A3-1750F53C6764.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...