What did you run today?

lighthouse

Tried out my Kato Hiroshima Electric Railway Greenmover LEX. 

A slow running video. The bouncing at the end comes from three S18.5mm sections in a row. Not surprising given the truck configuration.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 8

Starting to get the new place in a reasonable, “not just moved in” state and decided to stretch some of my new train’s legs with a few loops of track.

Finally finished the tie-downs on all 3 Shikis. I found adding a lot, as photos 

would suggest, actually looked too much on the model. Perhaps due to the scale, so i ended up just adding simple load support.

So today

E261

E233-3000 Ueno-Tokyo line

EF65-2000 with Shiki 1000s

SD-55 with Taki 1000s

65B160DB-99E4-48DB-8922-EBE78810EF2B.jpeg

AD05C873-FA8F-439E-87BE-16805324552B.jpeg

• Like 10

Havent ran some trains in a while so here goes!

Still experimenting with video editing... quite a skill on its own ~

• Like 8

first time running my city Layout in a few years. After alot of track cleaning and problems with track alignment, I finally had everything running reasonably well. I have started an expansion to this layout recently, so will update as it develops. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, beakaboy said:

first time running my city Layout in a few years. After alot of track cleaning and problems with track alignment, I finally had everything running reasonably well. I have started an expansion to this layout recently, so will update as it develops. 

Lovely layout, especially loving those high rise buildings, they're really something, creating a nice city scape! 

Something happened to the train at 1:57? couldnt get the entire look on the train but it looks like a Kiha 85 and the gears/ motors are grinding badly... 

How could you stand and watch the poor man dangling from the gondula.... (2:00)

Great running of so many trains! Nice!

On 5/13/2021 at 11:57 PM, JR 500系 said:

Lovely layout, especially loving those high rise buildings, they're really something, creating a nice city scape! 

Something happened to the train at 1:57? couldnt get the entire look on the train but it looks like a Kiha 85 and the gears/ motors are grinding badly... 

How could you stand and watch the poor man dangling from the gondula.... (2:00)

Great running of so many trains! Nice!

cheers . The train at 1:57 is a very early Tomix release with a primitive drive chassis. Have tried lubing with little improvement. Needs a replacement chassis. 

Yavaris Forge

Visited @roadstar_na6's club layout last sunday and made a video about it. To be fair I definitely need to bring a proper camera next time and my editing skills are a bit wonky too, but it was a fun afternoon and I thought I'd share here anyways.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see the Japanese trains taking over the layout! Great you could get together. Fun video.

jeff

• Like 2
disturbman

Nice. You mostly need to disable the autofocus function, that constant jerking is a bit annoying.

I haven't watched everything but it was easy to see which sets were not @roadstar_na6

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Tony Galiani

Let's see, Gavino is making micro signs for his gas station, Tom C. is making miniature shamisen and what did I do?  I managed to get my Tomytec DMU to run a lap on my small layout!  I think I need to ramp it up here!

But actually, I wanted to comment on the quality of the Tomytec mechanism.  I had been messing about with the remains of Chihiro Tetsudo which is in pretty poor shape.  But despite the track being a mess and rather filthy, my Tomytec DMU would actually run around the layout.

I then spent about a half hour giving the track a serious cleaning - scrapping off the paint I had never removed completely, vacuuming off the debris, polishing the rails and the DMU is quite happy to zip around the oval now without any hesitation whatsoever.  I also ran my Kato Kiha 20 today.  It would not run on the dirty track but was okay once I cleaned it.  Unfortunately, the curves are too tight for my Kiha 20's and 40's to run happily so my plan to redo the layout doesn't look viable.

Here is a picture of the Tomytec DMU in the remains of the station.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

CT DMU test run.jpg

Edited by Tony Galiani
spelling correction
  • Like 5

Well that’s one way to make a moving truck system, just put rails in all your roadways!

jeff

A quick play today with some of my UniTrack and a few trains:

E9B0FDAA-DF7F-40B6-BF01-F7F1615E79CC.thumb.jpeg.93916043d04622cfd7431c7e80580e85.jpeg

And, yes, that is my new 103 there. I had lots of ‘fun’ last night with the transfers, they are now all on and the destination signs are claiming this train is bound for Nara.

E8CD9FB6-F883-4BBA-8AA1-0A61165EA882.thumb.jpeg.636146c022a4e8755caaae26cbcdf037.jpeg

And if I decide that Kyoto commuter isn’t for me after a while, I have two full tubs of trains to choose from. Lucky me. 😁

Edited by ED75-775
  • Like 8

They are fun, but expensive! Needless to say I ended up with a couple! The bag is great for just hiking a few train cases.

cheers,

jeff

I find the old filing cabinet useful for storing my Train cases. Luckily I have another 3 drawer filing cabinet in my shed as the 1st one is almost full.

20210621_215645.jpg

• Like 2

Ha never thought of a file cabinet! Nice. I really need to get a place where in can get a few book cases in a row to get all mine stored in one place. But that means a good chunk of wall space must be found…

jeff

• Like 1
roadstar_na6

I have my stuff in one of those JR containers, including shipping from Japan it was kinda ridiculously expensive and if I get another one of these boxes I'll just buy an "unmarked" one and put JNR container decals on 😄

The one I have is made by Popondetta and has place for 16 book cases. Keep in mind that it gets really heavy with that amount of stuff in it, I think mine weights around 15kg with 14 cases 😮

• Like 1

Yeah it is silly expensive, like train caskets it’s as much as the item to ship it. I got two as it wasn’t much more on Amazon.co.jo shipping to get a second one. But you are right just making some stickers would be much cheaper. Sadly I’ve not found a current storage box that fits train caskets really well here in the us. Most are too big or a tiny bit too small or have tapered sides or indents to brace corners and/or bottom. There was a great case about 10 years ago, perfect and folding lid attached and even could collapse. I have 4 but they stopped making them like a decade ago. They have been my mainstay for schlepping to/from shows.

jeff

Not compliant with nmra specifications!

like trying to run my galaxy express 1999 turret car!

jeff

• Haha 1