What did you run today?

lighthouse

First time I've been able to run my little Adler. My old layout had an incline that it couldn't negotiate. It plays well with the Japanese trains. A nice bit of 'past meets present' fun.

GJifT4h.jpg

gAgHAD1.jpg

ZUfHu6S.jpg

mcNJ1gu.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 8

I love that Adler👍😀😀

I found a g scale one on eBay for £675!! Needless to say it wo nt be making an appearance on Red river!😂😂😂👍

• Haha 1
Claude_Dreyfus

I had one of those Der Adler sets a few years ago. The motor went kaput sadly. Lovely model though...

Currently the sun is out, and I am test running my currently under construction layout. Nice to sit in the garden with a beer watching the trains running. 🙂

• Like 2
ranger10178

Today on my "test track" - ie a temporary circuit I've set up so I can run trains, I've been running my DRG BR78 with an old Kato Kokifu 1000 on one line, and my 7 coach KiHa58 (/KiHa28/65/KiRo28) on the other line!

My small amount of Kato freight stock (1960's era) is in storage at the moment, and I won't be able to look for it for a while due to the COVID-19 stuff going on.

20200405_234707.jpg

• Like 4
serotta1972

Very nice! I hope you’re wearing white gloves with the Tomix controller - it’s required. 😁

• Haha 4
serotta1972

Ooops different controller but similar.  I been meaning to get my some white gloves when I run my trains. 🙂

• Like 3

Yes, I know this video, after seen it I'm looking after a controller with inertia simulation. When I found a Tomix DU202 on a craiglist-like website neer to my location, you can imagine I jump on it. 😉

I presume de RMC-M1J is best, in fact the plastic of the case of my Tomix controller got small cracks and the shifts stick a little, it deserve a little maintenance.

I LOVE THAT

Amazing sounds! If I had I had unlimited budget, I'd quite happily buy one of these minus the model!

Apparently it supports BVE as well

Edited by RossDensha
On 4/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, Bjorn said:

Yes, I know this video, after seen it I'm looking after a controller with inertia simulation. When I found a Tomix DU202 on a craiglist-like website neer to my location, you can imagine I jump on it. 😉

I presume de RMC-M1J is best, in fact the plastic of the case of my Tomix controller got small cracks and the shifts stick a little, it deserve a little maintenance.

I still have a RMC M1J that I am thinking of releasing due to lack of space.... 🙂

And yes I will still be keeping my DU202 cause it just looks fantastic..... I kinda love the remote controllers now, given that I can remotely drive my trains and that helps especially when I am doing some works on the layout at the same time.... then having to run here and there to the throttle... 

• Like 1
ranger10178
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Ran my brand new 489. Very smooth. I love it. 

1fzQUD8.jpg

vCADglG.jpg

Now that's a true thing of beauty!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't run this, but boy this sure is fun... when you don't know what to run and just want to run everything!  🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Oh that is fun. It breaks so many rules. Reserved seat coaches, ordinary coaches. 1067mm gauge and 1435mm gauge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First train running on the new layout, a Micro Ace A3466 Kintetsu 8000. This train probably hasn't run in ten years. 

IMG_8182 1024 x 768.jpg

Half way through the running session I realized only one of two feeders was plugged in.  Ooops!

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
ranger10178

Today I've been running my Tomix DD51 with my rake of 20 SEKI3000's as well as my Kato 181 series unit!

I've had the Seki3000's for a couple of years, as I bought them fairly cheap second hand. However I don't really know much about them. I have seen some photographs of a DD51 hauling a rake of them, so I'll assume this is prototypical (somewhat)!

I appreciate that the SEKI3000 wagons may not have run with the Brake Vans in this format, but I've no idea on how/where JNR put their brake vans, if indeed the SEKI3000 wagons required a brake van(s).

• Like 4
ranger10178
1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

Nice layout buddy,I love the Kato plates👍👍😀

This is just a "temporary" test track. Just to allow me to run trains. I have some plywood on its way to build a "proper" layout - with a few sets of sidings (including a container terminal) and a loco shed.

• Like 1
Yavaris Forge

Today my EF 15 needed to deliver some cargo around my work in progress layout.

EF15_yard_yavaris.thumb.jpeg.f62ca03c764f53e4dd3667fff8175bd0.jpeg

EF15_station_yavaris.thumb.jpeg.bb5d2e672f428fc5c5cefc0b4428f924.jpeg

Here it is in the station next to my railway collection 205系, which sadly isn't able to drive, but is brightly illuminated nonetheless.

• Like 6

Giving my 103 and 231 some exercise:

Also these two ancient Minitrix locos. Made a new brush spring for the Class 27, the little Ivatt 2-6-0 is still howling despite oiling around:

• Like 1

Maybe not what i've ran today but rather where i ran today:

I was feeling like i wanted to run something, but at the same time i felt guilty to stay inside because there was such a good sun outside...

... so i made a very temporary unitrack loop in my garden pathway:

IMG-20200423-152302.jpg

A selection of other pictures:

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

The whole loop:

[A] [B]

Edited by Socimi
  • Like 9

Got a couple of old Kato 115s and a 415 out:

The Shonan 115 is something of a mix and match including 115-1000, 115-2000 and a SaRo 110-1000. It'll split into four sets if I ever come across the other vehicles for them.

• Like 4