Unitrak curve track limitation

Kiran

The window sill layout in my office is almost done. Well at least the track part anyway. But I am running into a tricky problem. The 2 windows are not at right angles which means that I had to use 1 C718 track piece to connect the end of a scissors turnout to the the beginning of a viaduct elevation piece. The problem is what do I use for the inner track? There is no C675 in Unitrak. Any thoughts? I hope there is a simpler way than trying to use flex track or something similar. picture below.

IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

One possible solution is a small section of flex track.  But as Kato does not offer flex track then there is the issue of the roadbed base. It is not a perfect solution.

Edited by bill937ca
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Kato offers 15 degree curves in 315 and 282 radius, those should fit this situation.

I will try those. My math is too bad is to figure out how it will work but I will let you know if it does.

I believe if you use a S62 after the double crossover, then the 15 degree curve, then use a s45 before the slope it should line up almost exactly.  The track might be flexible enough that a few different combinations should work with the curves in place, so you don't have to get a perfect match.