EM13 instructions

I have a rather odd request. I just got the Kato 10-1520 E231 Chuo-Sobu Rakyou Line 6 car set. I also have 29-351 EM13 decoder. I would love to install the decoder myself as it seems pretty straightforward. I am blind and quite a few of you on this forum have been great with describing things to me in the past. I think I found the door for the decoder on the motor car. It is next to one of the trucks. But I am not sure which way to slide the decoder in. The decoder has 2 long legs with the circuit board on the end. One side of the board is partly smooth surface. If I have the motor car upside down, which way do I slide it in? I am guessing I then just close the door and that's it?

I may end up getting sighted help but I would like to try if it is simple enough... Thanks for any help!

I don't have that particular train, but they are all pretty much similar.

The problem is that the decoder has to go underneath the drive shaft.  And that is not that easy to do without seeing what you are doing, and if you lose the shaft, good luck.   

Legs toward motor.

Probably smooth side toward you.  There is a side with 1 large and 1 small chip, and a side with several small chips.  The large chip is the one toward you when installing.

You will need to remove the truck on that side.