Kobaru Company to close.

ben_issacs

Moderator Note: Sakatsu Global has since picked up much of the kobaru line of detail projects! More here:

https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/18357-sakatsu-gallery-reproducers-of-kobaru-stuff/

Folks, 

I see that the Kobaru Co. is to close some time this month.

They make the Kobaru Meister series of N scale Diorama material, a fair bit of stuff in photo-etch such as push bikes, fences etc., also a range of street lights, and a range of white metal figures.

Hobby Search has a lot of their items on reserve, and say that once these are sold, there will be no more!

Of course, another company may take over the line and continue it on under another name, such as happened with Kawai, which became Popendetta.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Ah I see, from the homepage: "2010年 8月の本格始動より、模型メーカーとして主にジオラマ用の部品や素材を中心に販売を行ってまいりましたが、 この度、模型事業を閉鎖することとなりました。"

Meh, I'd better go and stock up on all the bits and pieces that look useful but for which I don't have an immediate use...

Since the full-scale launch in August 2010, we have mainly sold parts and materials mainly for diorama as a model maker, but we have decided to close the model business.

We will operate normally until the end of June 2019 and will proceed with the closing procedure in July next year.

We apologize for the sudden closure and the inconvenience. We have only a few days left, but I would like to thank you for your continued patronage.

March 14, 2019

• Like 2
ben_issacs

katoftw,

Thanks for that official translation.

Sounds like it might have been a one-man business and something has come up to make things impossible.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Drunkenclam

That's really bad news. Looks like I better get off my butt and order the one or two of the crane games/photo booths/ shrine lanterns and 

They have some REALLY funny and cute detail figures!

Like this for example: 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10567525/30/1

Some female tag of war on water? 

or even this!

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10505754/30/4

# The Ring! Sadako lives! 

I for one is gonna get this set:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10311317

It's about the best road works construction kit around... complete with cones and signs ~

• Like 1
ben_issacs

Folks,

The only trouble with their figures is the bases, which don't look good on a layout.

Can be removed, of course, with some cutting and filing.

And they certainly made some unusual and different figures!

Regards,

Bill,

Melbourne.

Usually with their figures I can just repaint the base and they look good enough. It's a shame because they have a ton of stuff that's useful and not too expensive (the house detail kit is a good example). But as was mentioned a lot of the detail parts don't really have a huge demand. 

Drunkenclam

Got mine about 4 hours ago,  paid up and waiting for despatch.

Kobaru MA-03NR Torii Type Hanging Lantern (Red) (Model Train) N Scale,1/144,1/150 Meister

Kobaru MA-03NW Torii Type Hanging Lantern (White) (Model Train) N Scale,1/144,1/150 Meister

Kobaru MA-06N Print Club Sticker Photo Machine (Model Train) N Scale,1/144,1/150 Meister

Kobaru MA-07N Crane Game Machine (1set, with Sticker) (Model Train) N Scale,1/144,1/150 Meister

Kobaru MF-31 Kamakura-Shonan Gallery Kunoichi (Model Train) N Scale,1/144,1/150 Meister

Kobaru MF-33 Kamakura-Shonan Gallery Person of Outdoor Bath (Model Train) N Scale,1/144,1/150 Meister

Just hope I don't need anything else, Or I'll be hitting the second hand sites

Das Steinkopf

Sadly I missed out on a number of items such as Phone Booths (Brown), Portaloos, Automatic Ticket Gates and Rubbish Bins, I already had one pack of rubbish bins but would have liked more, the other items were ones that I had wanted to order ages ago but never got around to it, I got a tip off from a friend shortly after the notification was put up on Hobby Search and I put an order in quick smart but sadly I wasn't quick enough.

Das Steinkopf

I will be getting 20 different items a few of which will be in multiples, I am however a little bit bummed out over the few items that I missed out on, when I went over there last time in 2017 I was able to pick up a decent amount of stuff from Joshin, Tam Tam and Poppondetta but some of the items I wanted weren't available back then.

This is what I will be getting:

Item name : Fence C (High) (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)
Item price :850 yen  x  Q.T.Y :2 = 1,700 yen

Item name : Net Fence (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Road Sign (1) (White Line, Arrow etc. for Road and Intersection) (Model Train)
Item price :510 yen  x  Q.T.Y :2 = 1,020 yen

Item name : Road Sign (2) (Crosswalk and its surrounding) (Model Train)

Item name : Road Sign (7) (Bus Stop Set) (Model Train)
Item price :510 yen  x  Q.T.Y :3 = 1,530 yen

Item name : Tactile Paving (Sticker Set) (Model Train)

Item name : Net Fence (Low) (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)
Item price :850 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 850 yen

Item name : Net Fence (High) (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)
Item price :850 yen  x  Q.T.Y :3 = 2,550 yen

Item name : Mesh Fence (Low) (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Fence A (Low) (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Fence A (High) (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Telescopic Gate (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)
Item price :629 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 629 yen

Item name : Waste Collection Point (Large 2 Pieces, Small 2 Kinds Each 1 Piece) (Stainless Photo-Etched Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Lid of Street Tree (Round Type) (10 Pair) (Stainless Photo-Etched Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Lid of Street Tree (Square Type) (10 Pair) (Stainless Photo-Etched Parts) (Model Train)

Item name : Lid of Street Tree (for Sidewalk) (Lid and Guard 6 Pair) (Stainless Photo-Etched Parts) (Model Train)

The following items I had ordered have been cancelled:
Item name : Mesh Fence (Stainless Etching Parts) (Model Train)
Quantity : 1

Item name : House Accessory Set (Model Train)
Quantity : 2

Item name : Rubbish Bin (Model Train)
Quantity : 5

Sadly, no more rubbish bins...

Luckily (unlucky for the credit card) all my items were in. Amazing how a pile of little bits adds up fast! 

Hopefully someone else will move into this niche as kobaru did after prohobby went out. If not I may try a go at doing some etched stuff myself. A friend has been doing a couple of runs with a local company for miniatures stuff and may try to slip some in on one of her runs as bigger jobs are cheaper.

jeff

maihama eki

I bought a huge pile of stuff - 34 line items with multiples on some. The Kobaru owner(s) are going out with a boom in their business.

I ordered 2 set of Japanese roof tiles, wich are great replacement for the Sankei kits and different style from the greenmax ones.

Martin.

Drunkenclam
On 6/24/2019 at 8:09 PM, nah00 said:

Had everything I ordered except for the house parts (which I really wanted) or this great set of figures:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10291697

I saw them, But couldn't understand why there is a girl in the Good Young Man set lol

Hobbysearch are still listing 122 items as not sold out.

so maybe I can still get 3 sets of cheerleaders 🙂

Edited by Drunkenclam