Mickey Mouse 883 Sonic coming to Kyushu

It looks a little less 'nice' as compared with the 800 series, as it only has the white logos around the 883's blue body... the 800 series sorts of have a nicer look with the much more colourful Mickey livery ~ Still waiting for the pre-orders to open for that one!  🙂

• Like 1

I kinda like the 883 slightly better because it looks like blueprints and less overwhelming than what they are doing to the 800.

But I will get neither because when I think Japan, I do not think Mickey Mouse. If it were a kumamon or pokemon train (the 800 does have a pokemon version), then I might be more interested.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

It looks a little less 'nice' as compared with the 800 series, as it only has the white logos around the 883's blue body... the 800 series sorts of have a nicer look with the much more colourful Mickey livery ~ Still waiting for the pre-orders to open for that one!  🙂

The 800 version is available for pre-order already.   Tomix 97914 

I do not want to be a commuter/conductor in that train and hear mickey mouse do all the announcements every single day. It would drive me nuts!

• Haha 3

We have this all the time in exhibit design with audio bits. Some docents and guards can just tune it out after a day, some go crazy and have to move galleries when it gets on their nerves.

my first prototype exhibit I did myself was to make a system to help docents from having to answer the same dozen questions over and over and over again. So I spent a lot of time interviewing them about what annoyed them the most and the same repeating audio loop was the worst. It made me appreciate this the rest of my career and I would always do multiple variants of any attract loops or even heavily used audio bits and have them play randomly. Guards and docents noticed and would thank me later! Also just made the interactivr a tad more personalized if you watched someone else doing the interactive before you did and didn’t really add to the overall cost much at all.

one client had one exhibit chap who had to work behind a wall of an ongoing exhibit for a couple of weeks that had a video loop that played over and over and over again with not a very exciting narrator. After the two weeks he could imitate the whole 3 min script spot on to the narrators voice (one of the directors of the place) and of course was a huge laugh for everyone when he would perform it!

jeff

• Like 1