TRod's First Layout

TRod

On 6/10/2019 at 4:24 AM, RogerK said:

TRod

Here is my best shot at a plan for a 720 x 2040 layout using your current list of track (except for the optional bridge).

challengeR3.thumb.jpg.1640fe6bd34c7a615879b7792ec184be.jpg

The green incline section on the left is 1580mm, so the grade is 3.2% with 282mm curves.

The purple incline section on the right is 1850mm, so the grade is 2.7% with 249mm curves.

Roger

Outside loopisonly just fits in, still needs measuring to see if it's right. Will build an extension for a yard.

20230410_153615.jpg

Edited by TRod
  • Like 2

X over at the platform is not ideal, will also have to put turnouts between inside and middle at the back but otherwise should be ok and fun. If l move a wardrobe, out of sight to the left, l can extend the length, get the entire suburban platform in and move the x-over.

I get to use my 90° x over on the left to feed into the turntable, really wanted and happy to use this.

I'll  also play around with elevating the outside left a little bit to make it interesting, l bought three different foam inclines recently. The extension for a proper yard/staging area can wait until this layout is done. I'll  join it from outside right loop.

Not to complicated, happy days.

If l change my mind, ban me!

Current layout is 2040 x 800 and l just happen to be nocking down half a workshop with a large 1800 x 900 table in it and, and buying some shelving.

Will extend layout to 2700 x 900. No incline troubles now.

Work has begun on a 2400x1200 layout.

The left side incline is a bit steep but l don't  care. Will just see how it goes once I have temporarily fixed the track in place with supports.

20230524_132912.jpg

• Like 2

Got 90 min in the train room this morning to continue designing my now substantial layout. I have a computer but l prefer to do it manually and then when happy l might pop it in the computer to check it, but that's  what the tape measure is for, right?

Small yard and engine shed on the left, town and maybe three stow roads on the right.

Still working on the alignment of the points at the back right.  Off to work now todrive trains inthe pouring rain, how very sad.

20230605_123218.thumb.jpg.c43634ac7804918f7dc3742bb9a5063c.jpg

• Like 3

One of the best way to design! You get more of a natural 3D feel for things you don’t get on a computer screen, even one that does 3D. Nice just popping track together,

jeff

Haha l see where l stuffed up there. Too busy trying to get things to align and be drive on drive off.

I joined the same track to itself using four turnouts. Doh!

Will remove the one s at the platform which will make us all happy I'm  sure.

Need some curved points as well to make things even better.

I just have to use that  90°cross over though.

Hey TRod I think we may be in the same neck of the woods. How's the layout? Have you connected with any clubs or anything locally? I like the idea of making a module at some stage but don't know if that's a thing in WA.

Edited by N-Osoi