Kamakura

bill937ca

bill did you paint your station island?? Im trying find something as to the color of the floor?? some pics it looks like asphalt other pics it looks like well painted flooring?? 

That flooring on the Tomix 4060 station is stock molding. But remember this station is very narrow.  18.5mm

• Like 1

bill after driving my eyes crazy,,, I found that some island platforms use asphalt as a floor,  an some of the more fancy ones use what looks like tile, or cobble stone??or what looks to be brick??   I guess with this one I'm going to flat black it an see how that looks ??? Hopefully it wont be to dark??

I just opened one of those Mini Island kits tonight.  The stock plastic is a greyish-brown colour, and it also comes with stickers for flooring that fit between the outer curbs and are a bit darker shade.

Naked, well almost.  The rebuild starts.

More tracks in the station and a larger railway freight museum.  The background town is moved back allowing for a local railway station.  The ability to have three trains on the layout  at once instead of two.

It could take awhile if I run out of supplies, but I think I am largely OK.

IMG_8134  1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 10

The new town is coming along well.  It uses old Moving Bus roadway and a foamboard base under Metcalfe Tarmac Sheets.  Some of the buildings are back on the layout with their details. Yet to come are figures and vehicles.

IMG_8146  1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_8149  1024  x 768.jpg

• Like 5

The new background town is now largely complete, mostly needing more figures. Its 30 inches long by 12 inches. The little stub will be in front of the station.

IMG_8156 cropped 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_8157 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_8158 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_8159 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 12

Looks good Bill, the background town has that nondescript Japanese suburbia feel about it.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1
bill937ca

Another addition to my private railway collection, Tobu Tojo line 50070 for the F Liner express service.

IMG_8203 end detail.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 4

All the track at the front is now painted. I have adjusted the Tomix 4060 platforms to island configuration from side configuration before the layout revisions. The original plan was to use a Greenmax 2565 local island platform but parcel hasn't materialized. The base is in for the train station and a balsa base is cut for the path to the platform The small shrine is temporarily parked offsite pending a new expanded base.

IMG_8226 1024 x768.jpg

• Like 2

Testing clearances with the Tomix 4060 platforms sitting between the tracks without any adjustment to the track center.

IMG_8259.JPG

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Working on the housing cluster expanding it, extending the driveway, adding another house and creating a home for Godown and small shrine.

IMG_8255.JPG

• Like 5

Perfect little random jumble into an odd corner chunk of realestate! Love the little alleyway in. Nice.

jeff

• Like 1

I've made what I believe is the final adjustment to the track plan.  From here on in the layout will mainly be about adding scenes and adding scenery.

IMG_8265.JPG

• Like 3