Newbie from CA

denrobert

denrobert

Hello everyone, I am Robert and I joined this forum to learn more about Japanese Model Train. I'm going to start my collection this June since I'm going to stay in Chiba and Tokyo for 2 weeks. I want to know if there are stores or thrift shop that anyone here recommends where I could search for a brand new or second-hand model train. I'm planning to start with at least 2 for now and eventually expand the collection. Glad I found this community. Thank you!

• Like 4

Welcome Robert!  There are a few of us from California if that's the CA you mean.  There are a few in Canada too.   

serotta1972

Welcome, Robert!  Whereabouts are you in California?  There's a few of us in the SF Bay Area and Kiha66 down south.

Welcome Robert! 

Ex Californian here... 

lots you canget online as well, but always fun to get stuff in japan! Glad you found us.

cheers

jeff

Yavianice
7 hours ago, denrobert said:

Hello everyone, I am Robert and I joined this forum to learn more about Japanese Model Train. I'm going to start my collection this June since I'm going to stay in Chiba and Tokyo for 2 weeks. I want to know if there are stores or thrift shop that anyone here recommends where I could search for a brand new or second-hand model train. I'm planning to start with at least 2 for now and eventually expand the collection. Glad I found this community. Thank you!

Welcome Robert! Have fun in Japan!

Martijn Meerts

Go to Models IMON, buy every H0j and H0e kit they have in stock, and then pass them on to me 😄

I was a bit too pre-occupied with other things while I was in Tokyo, so didn't really go to a model train shop. Doesn't help if you're travelling with people who don't care much about trains of course.

2 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Welcome Kenji!  I'm also in Torrance funnily enough!

that is awesome to hear...might need to ping you more often for advise as me and my son (8yrs old) is just starting out. lol

Awesome!  Let me know whenever you guys need help.  I'm also a member of the Belmont shore club over in San Pedro so maybe you guys can come by some time for a run session.