Re-Hi!

grumbeast

grumbeast

Well its been almost an entire year since my last post, so i thought I would say Re-Hi! as I'm rapidly falling for Japanese trains again.. doesn't matter what else happens in life it always seems to come back to J-trains at least partially.  I'm set up after my transcontinental move, my main layout is going to be Canadian / European but I was once again thinking of a t-trackish Japanese layout.  Unfortunately the t-track test module I build didn't survive the move (the buildings did) and I have a lot of Kato track left and the space to setup and run occasionally in the basement.

So Hi! .. hopefully will be more consistently active here and who knows I'm 8000km closer to Japan than I was so maybe there are some fellow Japanese N-Scalers closer to me now!

Graham (In Nanaimo BC)

bill937ca

Hi! You probably won't be the only one once the Tokyo Olympics start.  But that's next year.

Edited by bill937ca

Hey graham, welcome back!

Ttrak is great if you have others to play with or have very limited space, but it does not lend itself well to a layout as it’s pretty much an oval unless you get bigger and even then it does limit your layout. Some that want both worlds have a more complicated layout that one arm is Ttrak they can remove. 

Depends on what you want to do really. Lots of options though and setting up the Unitrak to play with is the important first step! 

Im guessing there has to be some Japanese Modelers in the Vancouver area. There are a few JNS members in the greater Vancouver area.

cheers

jeff

grumbeast

Thanks Jeff, I am hoping that there are some modellers closer.  On the T-track thing, I'm not really looking at playing with others, more creating a fairly narrow diorama type layout I can run my j-trains through and setup on the floor in the basement.  I was just going to use the t-track concept for height, length and connection standards.  What I want is a loop with maybe a slightly wider station area probably with each board no more than a foot wide so I can store them on some shelves when not in use.