Somewhat paper diorama

kashirigi

Because wiring is the least favourite part of model railroading for me plus I'd rather not screw up my layout by making mistakes, I've started making tiny dioramas to perfect the techniques I will use on my "real" layout.

That's not particularly noteworthy, but I've noticed an aversion to using paper to model anything. I'm not really opposed, so I played around to see what I could come up with. It's certainly not my best paper modelling, but given that I spent around 45 minutes designing and colouring them on a whim, I think that paper shouldn't be discounted out of hand.

smalldiorama4_thumb.jpg

Also, the chain-link fence is made of tulle, which cost me about 75 cents for 2m, which is waaaay cheaper than photoetched brass. Should you be interested in a lengthy essay on the subject of my diorama, have a look at the website or feel free to ask any questions.

CaptOblivious

Very nice, and certainly inspiring! I haven't posted my latest efforts yet, but in roughly the same span of time you have certainly outdone my work with my Suigun Line diorama. Could you say more about the sort of paper you print on, and the sort of printer you used?

Wow, this is made from paper? Really nice diorama! Any more scenes of it? (I had some problems loading your website)

Our problem are the opposite, I'm more afraid of screwing up scenery than the wiring.

CaptO - I like your diorama, the idea of a rice paddy is very interesting I'm curious to see how it develops.