Aoshima Apartment Block

Drunkenclam

Drunkenclam

I was asked to provide some pictures of this kit for reference so as to assist anyone else in their choices 

20190428_194321_resized(1).thumb.jpg.566a1fd19fc2e34eb74cd72d788c94b3.jpg

20190428_194237_resized(1).thumb.jpg.3c2cd89d294acdc9a4a542e9c3d94b50.jpg

As the kit has 2 buildings. I split the contains in 2 so this is all the parts for 1 building.

20190428_155833_resized(1).thumb.jpg.6763448dcf1c28d0bba775ad037b6d80.jpg

I never had a Aoshima model before. So wasn't sure what to expect. The instructions are plain and simple with a good English translation. I included a bit from the first page which includes the paint list and codes. I only have 2 Mr Color paints and there isn't a direct Tamiya replacement. 

20190428_160559_resized(1).thumb.jpg.e29ef902ba714599505bf901182b2423.jpg

As to how much you paint is up to you. If its hiding at the back. You may wish to skip painting all the front doors as they are hidden in the stairwell.

For those who don't like transfers. The only ones in the box are for the building number and door/window frames to stick onto the clear plastic inserts. Again. If at the back. You might get away skipping these.

20190428_194159_resized(1).thumb.jpg.23f6a24905a9beec2c7d781aafaf6e4f.jpg

Not had a chance to start yet as I want to try to get the paint sorted first. I'm also not sure about the window railings. As these seem to be made out of the clear plastic. I thought a black or silver would be better. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I've been thinking about getting a few of these for quite a while. Originally I was planning on stacking a couple of these (as per quinntopia) to make a high rise. But I like how they look in a row of almost identical buildings. I'think I'll go for that. 

Are you installing LEDs? Doing any interior work?

Yes I don’t think aoshima has rerun these. They have been oop for a while. They come up on ebay now and then.

jeff

Drunkenclam

I should have picked these up when I saw them in stock. Does anyone know of similar apartment complex by other makers? I'm still keeping my eyes out for some Aoshima models but good apartments seem hard to come by.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:50 PM, Drunkenclam said:

Speaking of funny translations (see the freight car thread).  Amazon.co.jp shows this title for the above link:

"Architecture Hall of Romance"

Does not look like a "Hall of Romance" to me.  

Some other suggested items that are similar were given as "Sky Net Architectural Romance Hall".   🤣

Yeah I keep getting that one in amazon.jp emails as I’ve looked at them in the past. Maybe they produce a lot of babies...

jeff

Drunkenclam
On 7/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, chadbag said:

Speaking of funny translations (see the freight car thread).  Amazon.co.jp shows this title for the above link:

"Architecture Hall of Romance"

Does not look like a "Hall of Romance" to me.  

Some other suggested items that are similar were given as "Sky Net Architectural Romance Hall".   🤣

Does anyone do a Love Hotel model. 😀

Might have some interesting interiors in some rooms :love2:

I've looked at some of the Tomix buildings and some, erm, reference photos and with a little creativity and printing you could definitely make a seedy one out of one of the smaller office buidlings.

• Haha 1
On 9/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, gavino200 said:

Now if they'd re-release the Aoshima parking structure!!

I can't believe Phillip sold one of these right here on JNS and I missed it. 😭

Yes, I have two of those ordered. I was commenting here on the parking structure. I've been looking for it for years, ever since I saw it on Quinntopia's website. I actually bought a bunch of out-of-production platforms from Phillip. I should have just asked him what else he was going to put up for sale!!

• Like 2