South Japan two weeks tour

Here's the video from the front car of the Shinano, with the young girl driver pointing and shouting all the time 😄

The video is from Nagoya Station till the first stop at Chikusa Station

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow she really is INTO her job! Nice shouting there!  🙂

Love the Shinano… leaves memories of my trip too... The green car up front is best for taking front view videos and observing the driver! 

• Like 1

As I said, I think it was her first day on that train!

I'm glad I bought the Green Car Rail Pass.

I bought it because I wanted to travel comfortably since I knew I would spend many hours on the train, but I didn't know that on many of the Ltd. Exp. the Green Car is the front car and you could see the driver and out in front. It's quite a bit more expensive but it was definitely worth it.

Here are some more videos of the trip, divided by train company:

JR Central

JR Shikoku

Kintetsu Railway

Then some N700A, one of my favorite Shinkansen's

And finally some 4K videos of Shinkansen's I actually shoot in September, in Omiya e Oyama stations

• Like 3
4 hours ago, paolo said:

Then some N700A, one of my favorite Shinkansen's

The second shot on this video is amazing, the timing was perfect and being above the other lines for the three trains worked perfectly, where was is taken?

6 hours ago, Keith said:

The second shot on this video is amazing, the timing was perfect and being above the other lines for the three trains worked perfectly, where was is taken?

Yeah right? That was a very lucky shot, I was in the right place at the right time!

I was on my way from Haneda to downtown, on the Tokyo Monorail.

Just before Hamamatsuchō station, the monorail runs parallel to the Shinkansen Tokaido line and to all those other regional lines.

6 hours ago, Keith said:

Paolo mentioned in the video it was taken from the Tokyo Monorail, and probably at the point before it reaches Hamamatsucho (from the on-board announcement) where it crosses over the Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku, Tokaido, Ueno-Tokyo & the Tokaido Shinkansen line 

*Off topic, something that often puzzles me, is the E3-E5 formation, probably as a Nasuno service? I am puzzled as to why the E5, with a higher top speed, was used to coupled with an E3 with a lower top speed, instead of an E2...