Hello from Copenhagen

McGovern

Hi there. I am a Young man in the start 50. Have just recently started to buildt modeltrain again. Fleischmann N Gauge. I will be in Japan at the end of april. I will do some shopping ☺️☺️ Looking forward to see some of these huge shops and purchasing 2 or 3 shinkansen etc. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Martijn Meerts

2 or 3 shinkansen... Better leave some extra space in your luggage, since there's a good chance it'll be more than 2 or 3 shinkansen 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Martijn Meerts said:

2 or 3 shinkansen... Better leave some extra space in your luggage, since there's a good chance it'll be more than 2 or 3 shinkansen 🙂

Last time I was in Japan I had to run out the last day to buy a new suitcase...   As our normal cases had mucho trains and accessories.

Welcome McGovern! Glad you found us.

you will be like a kid in a candy shop, best just go in with cash and leave the credit card in your hotel room!

have a nice trip and report back on your trip and purchases, we all live vicariously thru each others’ travels and purchases here.

cherrs,

jeff

• Like 1
On 3/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, McGovern said:

Hi there. I am a Young man in the start 50. Have just recently started to buildt modeltrain again. Fleischmann N Gauge. I will be in Japan at the end of april. I will do some shopping ☺️☺️ Looking forward to see some of these huge shops and purchasing 2 or 3 shinkansen etc. 

Welcome!

Word of warning: Please note that Shinkansens have a larger turning circle than most european brand N curves (such as Fleischmann), don't like stuff like S curves (especially the ones with tilt functionality) and that the automatic turning points from Fleischmann do not take kindly to low traveling Shinkansens.

• Thanks 1

I will arrive in Fukuoka at the end of this month from Busan. This will be my 7th trip to Japan. Just love it. I have bought a one week JR Pass and will end up in Tokyo and fly to some sunshine in Thailand. Around 8-10 days in Japan. 

I havent planned anything about where and when in Japan. Everything is open. Cities i might go to is: Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Kobe, Osaka. Tokyo is 100% sure. 

Do any forum member know some second hand shops in some of these towns ?I cant find it on the internet, and most is written in japaneese 😫😫

I think i will go all in. Again. I will purchase some of these smart double tracks. And the viaduct tracks are great. Both singels and doubles. I have 7 x 12” to fill up. So space is not my concern. I still havent decieded whether its gonna be Kato or Tomix. Tomix is leeding the race but is difficult to maintain and expand in Denmark. Kato is availible more easy. 

My last trip in Tokyo was all about synthesizers. And did i get what i wanted ? YES sir. The biggest Challenge is to find these shops. Sometimes it is placed on 4th floor in a random buildning with a small sign. Written in japaneese 😂😂

All good advise is more than welcome. I cant wait. And i still cant believe how cheap it seems compared to Fleischmann and Minitrix. 

If any japaneese citizen are looking here and want to meet and sing karaoke i am game on 😃😃😃

Hi,

and welcome! Hope you're booked on the right Airline which allows you to carry enough luggage without paying extra :cheesy!

Have fun in Japan!

Cheers, Martin