Jakarta MRT has trial run 3/12/2019

bikkuri bahn

Das Steinkopf

I like how they have future proofed it to some extent with the extra platform length, this will give them the ability to expand out to between an 8 to 10 car train with the only adjustments needed to made will be the platform barriers and the programming of where the train stops.

Managed to try out these new MRT trainsets today and got some shots of it in action.  

DSC02559.thumb.jpg.4ec2c920040aa72f13f56f96ca22c73e.jpg

( Set 11 entering track 1 of Lebak bulus Station )

DSC02691.thumb.jpg.a336394626a77f7597b8eb28c92e6a36.jpg

(Set 9 curving the tracks as it prepares to enter Fatmawati Station )

The seats were comfortable even though its from plastic, air conditioning is good as well.  However the display inside the sets were on the smaller scale though, although I do like the look of the information system display.

An interesting thing , well most likely gotta do with these EMU's being made by Nippon Sharyo. The door chime is very similar  as the ones found say in the E231 series of EMU's. Its missing one "beat" ( if thats an accurate way to describe it lol) , The MRTJ EMU's has a two beat door chime while say the E231 has three.

• Like 4

Those are really nice looking trains, the door chime is also a welcome fetaure.

Also the station/platform chime at 2:15, i've already heard it, altough i do not remember exactly where, maybe on the Osaka subway.

Do these trains also have a cab/passenger room partition with windows like the one found on most of the japanese electric multiple units?

On 3/18/2019 at 1:32 AM, Socimi said:

Those are really nice looking trains, the door chime is also a welcome fetaure.

Also the station/platform chime at 2:15, i've already heard it, altough i do not remember exactly where, maybe on the Osaka subway.

Do these trains also have a cab/passenger room partition with windows like the one found on most of the japanese electric multiple units?

Sadly nope, the partitions do not include windows at all. Didnt manage to snap a picture of it though  Edit: Picture attached bellow

DSC03191-2.jpg

Edited by fadhhz
Picture of partition