Rail Gallery Rokko

cteno4

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this situation before? I just recieved my secind ever order from RG Rokko and they sent me the wrong thing! They also sent me a wrong item in my first order but it was only a minor difference so I didn't worry (Kato 23-510 vs 23-520). This time it was a DE10 in Kyushu specification rather than the new JR colours. As I have no interest in that region of Japan, nor do I like how the black looks I am pretty disappointed. I guess I should contact them but I feel kind of bad doing it as I imagine there mark-ups aren't much. .

When you've got all this finalized.  Please shoot me an message.  If the price is right, I may be interested in the JRK DE10.

Edited by disturbman
answering previous message, unnecessary quote

I'm sorry to hear this. Since the end of last year, several of us had started to notice that Masaharu had trouble keeping up and mistakes had started to appear in our orders. We thought it was temporary, the result of overwork and that it would resolve itself after a while, once he rested, but it has now been months and these mistakes keep happening. It's usually inconsequential slipups, but mixing up items is a rather large issue.

Do contact him, we know Masaharu reads the forum from time to time, but be gentle 🙂

• Like 2

This can be an issue with ordering from a list. I always copy and paste my order off their list to try and minimize any mistakes. Sorry to hear this, I am very happy with  my RG Rokko dealings.

1 hour ago, disturbman said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Since the end of last year, several of us had started to notice that Masaharu had trouble keeping up and mistakes had started to appear in our orders. We thought it was temporary, the result of overwork and that it would resolve itself after a while, once he rested, but it has now been months and these mistakes keep happening. It's usually inconsequential slipups, but mixing up items is a rather large issue.

Do contact him, we know Masaharu reads the forum from time to time, but be gentle 🙂

Poor guy, I hope he is ok. I sent him an email but don't fear I was very polite

I think he is, he might just be slightly overwhelmed by the quantity of work we have been sending to him.

I have asked him if he could refrain from putting additional bits. I don't think it's necessary, possibly counter-productive, and it could give help alleviate his workload.

• Thanks 1
On 3/2/2023 at 8:36 AM, disturbman said:

I think he is, he might just be slightly overwhelmed by the quantity of work we have been sending to him.

I get a message from him couple of days ago. He was crowded by all the new reference arriving end of February / beginning of March. 

JM. 

To get the cheaper shipping options. Do you need to email them?  My cart is only showing 6k yen options. Which outweighs the retail savings. HS and AA have 2-3k options.

I’ve always just emailed them and they suggest the cheapest shipping options. These have always been the usual amounts for a bookcase of trains in general from hs, mtp or amiami. It’s probably the automated shipping calculator on their site they can be way off at times and most air freight new seems to be mixing volume and weight in different ways these days.

jeff

@katoftw furthermore, e-mail is the only way to qualify for the special discount as described here, because the English website does not offer bank transfer payments as far as I know.

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I’ve always just emailed them and they suggest the cheapest shipping options. These have always been the usual amounts for a bookcase of trains in general from hs, mtp or amiami. It’s probably the automated shipping calculator on their site they can be way off at times and most air freight new seems to be mixing volume and weight in different ways these days.

jeff

Yeah not the shipping calculator. They just aint offering the cheapet options suggested on their website. EMS and DHL only. 1600g, so cheaper options shouldn't pose an issue.

I'll e-mail as suggested.

Emailing is - to me - the most convenient way to order as RGR is :

• Responding to all enquiries, inc. those where the japanese website is mentioning it's out of stock (Masaharu is always checking physically, so that sometimes, it's not out of stock indeed)
  • Proposing the best price depending on the way you're paying when you mention it (eg the cheapest one is with Wise, Paypal is more expensive)
  • Ensuring a proper order follow up esp. for those pre-orders (you're receiving an email as soon as the item has arrived at RGR
  • Offer different solutions for deliveries (eg FedEx / DHL , etc ... with different costs)

I've order once thru the (EN) website at the beginning then only by email. 

• Like 1

Hey! Does anyone know the average wait time for RG-Rokko to contact back? I recently made a reservation for the E001 from Kato, but I have gotten no response back for a few weeks.

Thanks!

ash

Something went wrong. They are very responsive and Tokonami san always replies within a couple of days. Did you send an email? Which address?

Yavaris Forge

it usually takes a few days, they tend to be very busy at RGR. It may be that he overlooked your mail, or reserved it and forgot to answer to you afterwards, so just write a friendly e-mail and ask.

I sent them an Email on Halloween Day (EST) hoping that after November 1st he would see my message. I know time zones are a bit wonky, but I have not had any issues beforehand. I know right now it’s Nov. 2 in Japan and he recently just came back. Should I give it one more day? I’m pretty excited for the E001 but I don’t want my $200 to go to waste.

Thanks!

ash