Rail Gallery Rokko

cteno4

RG-R does not advertise anything about pre-order prices or reservations, instead you can do your own calculation with the officially published MSRP and then reserve it & get the official quote. You need to e-mail or instagram chat RG-R to get the bank transfer discount anyway.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

RG-R does not advertise anything about pre-order prices or reservations, instead you can do your own calculation with the officially published MSRP and then reserve it & get the official quote. You need to e-mail or instagram chat RG-R to get the bank transfer discount anyway.

There is an area from their Japanese website where they list announced items and RG-R prices:

https://railgallery-r.com/7_new_Yotei.html

The prices on these pages include a tax that buyers overseas don't have to pay so when I email about reservation my price is usually a bit lower than those quoted here, but I'd guess that it would be easy to find out the % it is and deduct it to find the price before emailing.

This area is pretty quickly updated with announcements/delays to releases/schedule changes etc but you don't get emails that you might get from hobbysearch or others that tell you that an upcoming item has been delayed.

• Thanks 2

My bad. Indeed, RG-R even linked this page to me, I also included it on the bank transfer post, i just forgot about it. Shouldn't post after bedtime 😉

You have to divide it by 1.1 to get the overseas price with bank transfer.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 4
Martijn Meerts

I have to say, I hardly ever use the site itself, but just email them with what I want. For the most part it's because I tend to order stuff that's definitely not on their international site, and in most cases not on their Japanese site either. I do feel kinda bad always asking them to check stuff, and I'm sure there's not a very big margin on the items I order, but they've always been extremely helpful.

The one time I wanted to order a more common item (Hanawa line freight set + add ons + 3 8620s) I still had to email them because they only had 1 8620 in stock 😄

If I ever get around to visiting the physical store, I'll definitely need to bring some presents to thank them for all that they've done.

• Like 8

RG-R has asked me to adjust my post about discounts, to answer some frequently asked questions regarding the pre-orders that are done over several months:

On 2/16/2022 at 4:56 PM, Yavianice said:

Example 3: You reserve an item that will be released in May, another that is released in June, another that is released in July. You would like the May and June items to be shipped together with the July items. In order to qualify for the RED discount, you should pay the items that were released in May and June within the 2 weeks period of their release date, as stipulated above.

Reminder: Please refer to the original post about up-to-date discount policies from RG-R, which I will continue to update in the future. All changes discussed after this post, will be merged into the original post.

• Like 1

I can also confirm the bank transfer works just fine and i've made my first bank transfer to RK without any hiccups~ Money well saved by us and RK alike, which is cool! 

Great timing since Tomix 215 series is scheduled to release tomorrow ~  🙂

On 2/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, Martijn Meerts said:

If I ever get around to visiting the physical store, I'll definitely need to bring some presents to thank them for all that they've done.

I totally agree. I've already thought of what i'll get him, some nice unique gifts from Sillypore just for them, durains included to stink up the store  🤣

On another note, Masaharu san is really friendly and always willing to help, plus the discounts are just great ~ 

• Like 1

Wise wants the City / Recipient Address / Post Code for RG  Rokko.  I've emailed them but due to time differences probably won't hear back for a while and would like to push this through.  Can someone send me what they use?  Either post here or if not a good idea then by direct  message?

ETA:  RG Rokko sent me all the other details incuding a screen shot as to what to put in.  But did not include address to put in.

Thanks

Edited by chadbag

Thanks.  Got it sent for in stock items.  RG Rokko said they will hold the items off to the side until my pre-order comes in and once that is paid for ship all together.  Great guys to work with.

Thanks @Yavianice for setting up the relationship.

• Like 4
Martijn Meerts

Strange, Wise never asked me for the address details, just the bank details.

My payment was confirmed by RG-Rokko today, so it all worked. Kiwa 90, Tora 6000, Wamu 50000 and some other bits and pieces are already on the way 😄

• Like 3

ok i got stymied with wise. i was able to set up an account, link one of my bank accounts, put in all the bank details for rg rokko, and can go thru the whole send process but it comes up with an error in the end "address field missing".

turns out i tried to set up my recipeint and own bank account on my own and that does not put in rg-rokkos address which apparently it needs for us account to send to them. but when you set up a recipient you dont have an address field to fill in! catch 22 and crap in support.

so i tried just doing a send manually and there it asked for the address for rg rokko and then redid my bank account verification and all went thru fine.

so it appears in the us you need to do your first transfer as a blank transfer, dont try setting up recipients and your account, after you register just try a blank send and fill in rg rokko's info and then your bank account and have them verify it and it should all be happy. unfortunately you cant seem to save the recipient info from the send then, but you can go into that send record and do a repeat transfer to them.

something is funky in their just set up a recipient system at least for us accounts.

jeff

• Like 1

That must be a new international regulation. Just this weekend, I got an email from my bank (not Wise) requiring that I add addresses to all the international payees to which I had sent money before and saved their details.

• Like 1

@cteno4 Thanks for the heads up. This does not happen for my (or other) EU accounts, so it must be a US only thing? Not sure. What could be helpful is if you create some screenshots where you fill it in (and examples of how) so I can add it to the post and give RG-R a heads up so he can modify the e-mail with instructions. if you can PM me this info, would be really helpful, thanks

Ok I’ll do some screen shots. 

i let rg-Rokko know to add the following bits of info to their banking info

street address

city

prefecture

postal code

country

it seems that what is screwed up is if you try to do a preset recipient it asks for all the banking info, but not the address info, but when you go to finalize a transfer it comes up with error address missing, which it must need for us transfers. Banking regulations are different everywhere so maybe some reason there it’s needed to transfer from us bank. Also when I set up my bank info separately (not in a blank send) it did not verify it, but when I did a blank send (that asked for rokko’s address) it went through a whole third party account verification with my bank.

wise needs better help and support for the basic stuff, it’s really not a very informative interface. Things like swift info is not needed, but it has a warning there it’s needed to transfer out of country. Just not a clear system and still not working 100% as above. I would have thought they would have added rg Rokko as a recipient after a successful send but they didn’t, they just have the repeat transfer button on the transaction record. Not quite as fast and easy as PayPal, but should not be bad with the repeat button.

but it worked and was a $3 on a $200 transfer so not too bad to save $20.

jeff

• Like 1

@cteno4 Thanks Jeff.

I already mentioned to RG-R to supply the address additionally, but didn't know there were additional steps to this. Looking forward to the screenshots, very curious about it since it works different for me.

btw. WISE has very responsive support on Twitter; though perhaps they are quite busy with the whole Putin invasion right now (sanctions, lots of new users, fluctuating currencies etc.)

Anyway, glad it worked out for you in the end. BTW: RG-R is currently investigating using WISE themselves, which would eliminate all these filling out of extra details. I will inform the forum here if/when RG-R is ready to offer this.

Edited by Yavianice

That’s a pity they do Twitter for cs, not a very secure way to talk about banking issues! I’m not on any social media anyway and it is getting annoying that many companies are moving to social media for customer support. 

I did find the cs link finally (kind of buried under the help window) and sent them a note on this issue. Yes would be great to just get the request e-mail hit the link login and say ok! But may cost them some fees?

jeff

roadstar_na6
On 2/28/2022 at 2:16 AM, cteno4 said:

That’s a pity they do Twitter for cs, not a very secure way to talk about banking issues! I’m not on any social media anyway and it is getting annoying that many companies are moving to social media for customer support. 

They do it via DMs, not public 😄 They even ask for a specific support code sent to your email iirc, so unless you don't supply that one they won't help.

• Like 1

That’s good!

I’ve been going back and forth about this issue with them, they can’t quite grasp that make a recipient feature fails to insert the needed address information for a us > japan transfer.

jeff

@cteno4 because afaik, RG-R does not use WISE yet (in fact, bank transfer wire is for now an exclusive to JNS members/people who discover this post), otherwise we did not have this problem. I try everything out for them. Which is why I said that it would be helpful if you show me.

Edited by Yavianice

yes I understand, hopefully it can become a better payment system for costs and eventually ease once it gets sorted out and they explore it more.

The response from wise was to just do a transfer from scratch and fill in info as you go thru and then address will be asked for (which is what I had figured out and they still don’t get/recognize that the make a recipient does not ask all the appropriate information and no way to add it once you try to use the recipient) and it works. They said there was some way in the process of the transfer you could save the recipient info, but I never saw that in the transfer that finally worked nor after the transfer in the records of it, jsut the send again function which should work fine for the next one w.o having to enter any payment or recipient info.

so just let folks know they need to just do a transaction from scratch and provide the proper mailing info and it should work well. I just got caught in the loop setting up wise first with payment and recipient entries, the  trying to use those to make a transfer from and it failing all around (I don’t believe it verified even my bank info properly as it did in just a plain transfer) and no way of adding the address info it wanted!

btw my jr 215 set showed up today, shipped out Monday! Fast DHL.

jeff

RG-R has obtained some normally out of stock items from KATO. This stuff is not on his website yet. JNS forum members get first picks. If you are interested in any of these sets, or want to know the price, send RG-R (not me) a mail or instagram message. Note that all the items are in new, unused condition, straight from KATO / his wholesale, and that all these items are on a first come, first serve basis.

image.thumb.png.664d94791ed80624bea2d02715d3d65a.pngimage.thumb.png.a28faafe36038e05bc323a04fe71f912.png

KATO 10-1290 / 10-1291 / 10-1292 / 10-1293 E531 (Joban Line) Complete set 15 cars (not sold separately)

KATO 10-1607 117 series (Special rapid Service) 6 car set

KATO 10-288 Kyushu 883 series renewed version 7 car set

KATO 10-1158 Hakubi Line Lime Freight Train (Limited Edition 12 car set)

KATO 10-1452 381 Series "Yuttari Yakumo" Normal Formation (7 car set)

KATO 10-1599 Hanawa Line Freight Car 8 car set

KATO 10-1630 / 10-1631 E233 series Saikyo Line Complete 10 car set (not sold separately)

KATO 10-1210 Series 789-1000 Hokkaido Kamui Suzuran 5 car set

KATO 5069 OYU10

KATO 4969 Kumoni13 (Brown)

KATO 3089 EF65-1000 Early Type

KATO 3085-1 EF63 1st edition

KATO 3079-1 EF71 1st edition

KATO 3069-1 EF57-1

KATO 3091-1 EF64-0 1st edition

KATO 3102 Rhätische Bahn GE4/4-II 631

KATO 2028-1 SL 8620 Tohoku Specification

KATO 7007-3 DF200

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Martijn Meerts

I can highly recommend the Hanawa line freight car set with the 8620 steamer. Lovely loco and lovely set of cars 😄

• Like 2

Railgallery-Rokko will have a special 40th anniversary sale!

Sale period: April 23 (Saturday) until May 8th (Sunday).

Almost all products will be an additional 5% off the normal RG-R selling price. Only In-Stock items will be eligible for discount.

★ Some products are not eligible for 5% OFF.
(Sale products, special Sale products, new products 30% OFF, some American type new products, American type consignment products, 16th April / May new products, other reservations or pre-orders., etc.)

Only purchases that are paid with Bank Transfer qualify for this sale. 

Please contact RG-R for details/prices; no rights can be derived from this post. More information on the official website https://www.railgallery-r.com/

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
On 4/20/2022 at 2:39 PM, Yavianice said:

Railgallery-Rokko will have a special 40th anniversary sale!

Sale period: April 23 (Saturday) until May 8th (Sunday).

Almost all products will be an additional 5% off the normal RG-R selling price. Only In-Stock items will be eligible for discount.

★ Some products are not eligible for 5% OFF.
(Sale products, special Sale products, new products 30% OFF, some American type new products, American type consignment products, 16th April / May new products, other reservations or pre-orders., etc.)

Only purchases that are paid with Bank Transfer qualify for this sale. 

Please contact RG-R for details/prices; no rights can be derived from this post. More information on the official website https://www.railgallery-r.com/

I think they have now also added the special sale product page for items more than 5% off, it includes some products from Kato, Tomix, Greenmax, Microace, Tomytec and others. Also a separate page for HO and other scales:

https://railgallery-r.com/3_salelist_0_N.html 

https://railgallery-r.com/3_salelist_0_16.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1