Rail Gallery Rokko

cteno4

1 minute ago, cteno4 said:

Does the Japanese Rokko site have a search function I’m just not seeing?

It doesn't have one. But google search works really well.

roadstar_na6

The only part of his page that's horrible to navigate is the MicroAce stuff really 😄 Everything else is luckily well organized when using a translator 🙂

Tony Galiani

A question about ordering for them - somehow, I got the impression that I could only order items from their English language pages.  I see a few items I am planning to order but may want to get some others from their Japanese site.  Do they allow that?

Thanks,

Tony Galiani

Martijn Meerts

You can order pretty much everything from them, even stuff they normally don't stock. So far I've only had 1 item they haven't been able to get at all, some other items they've only been able to get as personal shopper (you pay retail + domestic shipping + small fee), but they've been a great help for me, and a curse for my wallet 😀

• Thanks 2

so ive tried the last couple of weeks to put a request into rokko thru the english contact form about a train on their japanese site but no answer. i have an account with them and have purchased in the past from them. wonder whats up. ill try a third time here, just seems odd as they seemed very responsive. next ill try asking they respond to a gmail address, perhaps they may be on some ip blacklist due to a shared email server that my hosting server auto excludes. 

jeff

• Like 2
roadstar_na6

I've had issues with them not receiving messages through the contact form and mails sent through my Outlook mail. Maybe just send them an email directly: rg-rokko-b-180701 [at] rg-rokko [dot] com

@cteno4 maybe your domain, could be that’s it like you mentioned. If you want, I can ask on your behalf.

he is very responsive on Facebook and Instagram, by the way.

P.S. Only Tokonami-San handles foreign buyers. And on his off days, he (usually) does not respond to emails.

Yep going to try with gmail, found a few businesses that unfortunately are on a shared email server that has some spammer accounts on them and the whole sending ip addy gets shut down on a blacklist to incoming servers. Once on the blacklist all their emails are bounced or blackholed.

I’ll try with a gmail account. I’m not on social medias.

thanks,

jeff

so the ipad may have been the issue as i just did it on the mac and the confirmation email came thru!

jeff

Mia colpa, mia colpa! I was sending on the iPad and after you hit the request button the next screen showing what you input has a send button that was just below the bottom edge of the screen and I missed it so I think I had not hit the final send button! 

jeff

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Mia colpa, mia colpa! I was sending on the iPad and after you hit the request button the next screen showing what you input has a send button that was just below the bottom edge of the screen and I missed it so I think I had not hit the final send button! 

jeff

How very senior of you, Jeff!

• Haha 1

Not quite there yet but getting close (well some places will give you the senior dinner discount at 55)! Those double button processes! At least I think that was what it was as when I saw the second button on the big screen it seemed different… There’s a takeaway that does that, has a big receipt and time it’s ready on it and way way down, a couple of swipes is the final final final ok I want this button!

iPads are just right for a lot of stuff but forms they are not quite big enough when the keyboard is up…

jeff

• Haha 2
On 7/16/2021 at 7:52 PM, cteno4 said:

Not quite there yet but getting close (well some places will give you the senior dinner discount at 55)!

I've gotten the senior discount at Taco Bell several times, unbidden, and totally unexpected.  Only noticed later when looking at the receipt...   (and only at Taco Bell, and across 2 or 3 locations with different teen agers working each time).  I think it is the blond/silver beard.  Used to be blond/red but most of the coppery red is gone now.

I am not that close to the senior discount age at most restaurants.  Have not seen those who give it at 55.  Usually 62 or 65 or so and I'm not that old.  My daughter is still in middle school (though we did get married and start the family a little later than usual, in our 30s).

Though I do find myself having more senior moments as time goes along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i finally stopped getting carded with alcohol about 5 years back when enough white and silver and gray went into my beard (which went from dishwater blonde to a hair of every possible color now for some odd reason). my whole life folks have had a hard time judging my age at times way over and others way younger. i usually have a western hat on so i think many places thought i might be trying to fool them with a hat on (taking it off whould have show the aging hair line) which is apparently something done a lot with youngsters trying to sneak a six pack.

dont think ive been asked for the senior discount yet, but maybe they will if they hear me groan getting into a booth or getting up which now and then now happens ive noticed!

ahh yes the moments! last week i put a kettle on the gas range to boil. only problem was it was our electrical kettle. i realized it just after i got to the fridge for the milk and spun around just in time to see the plastic burst into flames, it was rather a sad melted sight when it was out on the driveway smoking away! oh well the contacts were corroding so maybe just subconscious way to get a new one... I was thinking hard on something else and im sure my subconscious just kicked in with an older reflex behavior as most of my life i had used a kettle on the stove to boil water. multitasking is a myth.

jeff

• Haha 4

I'm the senior one, and I don't seem to have senior moments.  Just a bad knee that needs Voltaren now and then  And I haven't burned the place down.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Haha 1

As imagined!

Ironically it looks very similar to how the old MB Kliens store was way back when it was in downtown Baltimore. the back passage ways you felt you had to go down sideways and you definitely had to bend down sideways to look at stuff on the lower shelves. Shelves packed to the ceiling as well.

jeff

• Like 1

Reminds me of a hobby shop I had found in New York. It was cramped and located in a basement. When I entered, there where four guys standing there, chatting away at the counter as if they were characters in one of these 70s movies set in New York. Accent and all.

I think only one of our regular members had had the chance of visiting RGR in person. It's nice to see it in the digital flesh.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 2