Rail Gallery Rokko

cteno4

Martijn Meerts

Sent them a message about the IMON kits, they said they can get them. So I replied asking if they could give me an estimate of what it would cost to get a 9600 kit shipped to me.

I think the biggest variable is that IMON isn't just a manufacturer, but they also sell their own products. Question is whether retailers get a different price, or if they have to buy them for the same price as IMON lists them at on their own online store. Will have to wait and see, it's going to be expensive either way 😉

Martijn Meerts

So, had quite a bit of communication with RG-Rokko the past week or 2. As mentioned before, I asked them whether they could get IMON H0j kits, to which they replied that wasn't an issue. They couldn't give any exact estimates since it depends on a variety of things, but they did say the price of the kit would be at up to 5% off from IMON's price.

I ended up ordering the 9600 type C kit, which is listed at IMON for 96000 yen base price. RG-Rokko charged 91200 yen for the kit, and 3850 yen for shipping using EMS.

I gave them the go ahead to order the kit on 2 September, they got it in 7 September. I confirmed EMS shipping, and then they sent me a payment request on 8 September, which I paid immediately, and 9 September I got the notice that it has been shipped. All in all, much faster than I expected, and really excellent service as well. I'll definitely be ordering more H0j and H0e stuff from them 😄

• Like 1

Oh yes, they definitely wait at the post office for the payment confirmation. Because my stuff gets shipped almost immediately every time. Very happy!

• Haha 1

Hi there,

It took few months but now RG-Rokko is ready for shipping various method on their website. -- You can choose DHL, EMS, ePacket and ePacket Light on shipping method. About services on ePacket and ePacket Light are for small items under 2kg. Tracking services are available for some countries. There is also a maximum 6,000JPY insurance at ePacket and no insurance at ePacket Light. (These services are equivalent to Japan Post.) 

Thank you so much.

Edited by coppe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • cteno4 pinned this topic
roadstar_na6

Just want to give my experience with them quickly as I‘m now also in the position where I will probably buy everything that‘s not sold out everywhere and has to be bought from YAJ from them. I only had two orders shipped so far but both of them came through pretty fast and very well packaged. They fill in every small gap in the boxes with extra urethane so nothing moves at all in any way possible. Prices are unbeaten and while shipping is a little more expensive than HS/AmiAmi it‘s still a way better deal.

I‘ve been messaging with them via Instagram and also yesterday asked about some couplers not listed on their website and how much it‘d be to have them shipped. I got an answer within seconds even with a picture of the items already put in a box and got a PayPal invoice a few minutes later when I said I‘m buying it. I also cancelled a pre-order with AmiAmi for the October EF64-0 and Kiso release and asked RG-Rokko to reserve one for me and they did at an even better price than listed on their japanese site 😄

If I get to Japan (hopefully next year) I‘ll also definately go visit their store and leave a lot of money there..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Exactly what I did. Tokonami-San is a pretty cool guy. I gave him some german chocolate last time, which he really liked.

Also, not listed on their website? Not even their Japanese one?

• Like 1
roadstar_na6
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Also, not listed on their website? Not even their Japanese one?

On their English page, I just find the Japanese page a little confusing since the buttons on the left don‘t translate when the page is run through a translator. I just messaged him on Insta and asked if they were available 😄

Good mention with the chocolate, I try to remember bringing some then 🙂

Edited by roadstar_na6
Peter Osborne

Received my KATO 683 Snow Rabbit today, what can I say, excellent price (far more reasonable that any on yahoo) excellent packing and 4 days door to door via DHL from Japan to the UK quicker than some domestic carriers at the moment.

only one down side reflecting on other posts , I wish I had put a loco or a small 2 car 313 set in to build my postage weight to the allowance, lessons learned 

• Like 1

@Kanpai Keith You can try asking him on Facebook or Instagram also. Note that Tokonami-San does all the work on his own for foreign buyers. Monday and Tuesdays are his days off. He generally takes 1-2 working days (thus not his days off) to reply to an e-mail.

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2

Heads up:

RG-R, on his Japanese page, will soon be required to include the Japanese VAT of 10% in the prices. Until now he quoted the prices before VAT on this page. He is now in the process of changing the prices. The old prices are formatted as “Price + TAX” and the new prices are formatted as “Price”.

For export purposes you can still get VAT free prices. Generally it is 10% off but it’s best to inquire about the final price.

Note: the international page in English doesn’t include the VAT and will stay the same.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Kanpai Keith said:

RG Rokko appears quiet at the moment, over the past week I’ve sent a couple of emails but have had no reply???

Have you checked your spam folder? Their email usually gets into the spam folder by default. 

Das Steinkopf
On 2/5/2021 at 4:44 AM, Kanpai Keith said:

RG Rokko appears quiet at the moment, over the past week I’ve sent a couple of emails but have had no reply???

I purchased a full 313-5000 Series set from them last Sunday, they had it packed and shipped on the Monday and I received it on Thursday, out of all the Japanese retailers I have dealt with over the last 6 years they have had the fastest service.

• Like 1

Love it!

Feels like when I found a small ad for Mokei imports in model railroader I had sent of a sase for a price list in 1972.

jeff

• Like 2

I wish I have known about japanese version of this shop before I bought my models. HoKi 2500 by World Kougei are still in stock.

All the orders I placed at RG ROKKO were served with high degree of professionalism. All boxes are opened and they placed numerous of small foam cubes as damper into the "Kato books" to chock the locs & trains. I must say that such a service is unknown in France. They really take care to make sure their customers are satisfied. It's a great dealer. 

• Like 7