A nice D51 on Linux/UNIX computers

This just happened at work:

My co-worker mistakenly typed sl instead of ls on one of our Linux systems, and immedeately was rewarded with a very nice ASCII graphics D51 huffing and puffing across the screen!

I found out, that one Mr. Masashi Toyoda has implemented a sl command, apparently for the sheer fun of it. I don't know, which distributions already come along with the sl command (the ones here at work do, complete with the alias LS (caps lock!)), but if you need it (who wouldn't?) here are the installation instructions.

Michi

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That’s Awesome Sauce! Love Easter eggs! 

I use to do a lot of them for the testers, got them really into banging hard on the software (a very mind numbing task). When I would bring a new rev up to testing they would first ask how many eggs in this one?! Mostly Homer Simpson and the like popping in and saying something. I did find a couple that I never took out in a product Apple sold, but figured no one would ever find it and Matt groening would laugh instead of sue if it did. But with 500k+ copies of the disc out in schools I figure some bored kid somewhere found them! 

Jeff

• Haha 2