French politics...

disturbman

I'm disgusted. The son of N. Sarkozy J. Sarkozy, 23 years-old, still a law student, is going to take the head of a powerfull parisian institution, the spatial planner of La Defense (the second bigest parisian CBD). This is clearly and simply nepotism... the worst is, no politicans (even Communists) say anything about it.

I'm disgusted. The son of N. ****** J. ******, 23 years-old, still a law student, is going to take the head of a powerfull parisian institution, the spatial planner of La Defense (the second bigest parisian CBD). This is clearly and simply nepotism... the worst is, no politicans (even Communists) say anything about it.

Why when I read your topic, I just see some little *** instead of a name...  :grin

Be carefull, because we'll got sooner or later a law to punish this "Crime de lèse majesté"...

No need to have a special law. Mr ****** (:p) allready is the most litigious President France ever had. He even manage to get convicted someone that was using his own insulting words ("get out of here asshole") when protesting against Mr ****** (:p).

Hopefully I will get back to France when everything will be back to normal... I hope it will one day.

Funy thing, I totally forget I was not the only French here.

Even though you are not the only one, you are still very special to the forum :cheesy

Give this 23 yrs old a chance, I don't see a harm in this.  Why? Well if he is that good, he will offer fresh and new ideas...If he is that bad, then the French ppl will find an excuse to kick Sarkozy off the presidency.

23 years old !?

That reminds me of this little town here in the states that elected an 18 year old as mayor. I'm sorry but there is something to be said for life experience.

Even though you are not the only one, you are still very special to the forum :cheesy

Hey buddy!!! Thanks for the "special" word.

Give this 23 yrs old a chance, I don't see a harm in this.  Why? Well if he is that good, he will offer fresh and new ideas...If he is that bad, then the French ppl will find an excuse to kick Sarkozy off the presidency.

The harm? Making foul out of meritocraty and egality, the very pilars of the French Republic idealism. Sure it's not unusual to have some nepotism here and there and political dinasties. But not to this scale and not so visable. Sarkozy's son is going too far too fast. They could pretend to care about apparencies but they don't. Jean Sarkozy doesn't have anything to show for. He never finished any studies yet, he has no diploma whatsoever. He is, in 2009, starting his 2nd year of Law University... for the third time. Hell, people with diplomas may have problems to find jobs in France. But he, whitout any could be in charge of the second biggest BD of France. Comme on, that's crazy talk.

Maybe he is very competent, but let him learn the ropes first. Let him have some experience to account for. And indeed, that's what's going to happen. He declared yesterday that he was renouncing to get the EPAD's presidency... sure, the story was starting to get bad comments even from within Sarkozy's party. So now everybody is happy but Sarkozy (son) still got a chair as an administrator and might get the presidency in one or two years from now. Sarkozy (father) is dead locking one of the richest part of France.