Greenmax shop Tokyo

Andrew Nummelin

Andrew Nummelin

All being well I should be visiting Tokyo early next month and would like to get some more Greenmax items. On the last visit some years ago, I bought a couple things in the shop near Shimokitazawa station: is this the best place to go? Specifically I'm after a couple of motor units, one for their 103 kit, and some scenic items (building kits, signals, OHLE).

Unless you specifically want to go to Shimokitazawa, the one in Akihabara is probably a better bet, and on the off-chance Greenmax doesn't have what you're looking for, other shops nearby might.

Edited by railsquid

I believe most hobby train shops should carry GreenMax items now, though more specific model train shops will probably provide you with more range like motor spare parts etc while the larger departmental stores like Yodobashi or TAMTAM might give you just the GM bookcase sets ~

The GreenMax stores have by far and away the best selection for GreenMax parts.

TamTam does have a fair bit of GreenMax stuff including parts, Yodobashi generally only RTR, scenic items and the coach odd kit. Yodobashi Shinjuku does have a little display case showing how to assemble a GM coach kit.

In Akihabara, Poppodetta and F&MOKEI (or F-MODELS, their branding is a bit confusing) have a reasonable selection of GreenMax parts and scenic items.

(Note my information may be up to two weeks out of date 😉 ).

Andrew Nummelin

Well, after a trip including Arakawaoki and Tsuchiura I made it to the Tsukuba line (which did not exist when we lived there for a couple of years) and so to Akihabara. Thanks to Google maps misbehaving on an old borrowed phone I went round in circles, or should I say squares, and failed to find the Greenmax store; but I did stumble across Popondetta who were very helpful and also made it to the Kato shop. As we are staying close by, I’ve used our last full day to squeeze in a trip to Greenmax in Shimokitozawa where I managed to almost everything on my shopping list.

Only failed with getting two motor units that were out of stock...

On the way back I took the following shot that should be the inspiration for a model.

59B9FCB3-12C1-47E2-A6B8-8360DCE09580.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
Andrew Nummelin

It’s not actually visible on Google maps but is just by Matsubara station on the Setagaya line.

4 Chome-11-14 Matsubara, Setagaya-ku, Tōkyō-to 156-0043, Japan

• Thanks 1