Morley Vortex N or Gaugemaster controller??

Markn

Hello,

I'm going back to Japanese N after a getting my passion back.  My last Japanese layout was powered by the standard Kato supply but I wasn't completely satisfied.  So with my new layout I'm considering either a Morley Vortex N or one of the Gaugemaster Options either a TS or a Q.  I will be running mainly Japanese stuff Kato, Tomix, etc.  I like the fact the Morley has a walk around controller option.   What do you use for your layouts?  

Many thanks,

Mark.  

Sorry just noticed I've posted this in the wrong place.  Can a mod please move it?

Edited by Markn

Just out of curiosity, but why weren't you satisfied with the KATO Power Pack S? (Since december 2017 they have a new power pack, the SX model, with PWM)

And what is special about the Morley Vortex N/Gaugemaster power pack?

6 hours ago, Markn said:

Thanks for your reply.   I do like the look of the Morley plus it's a 4 track controller.  

http://morleycontrollers.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes&bc=no&catalogid=41

I didn't like the fact it was a single controller when I needed 4 controllers.  

I don't understand PWM.  Is it something to consider to worry about?

Many thanks,

Mark.  

I have the Morley and I'm very happy with it.
The controller it's well made with a very solid feeling. The rotary control knobs are very smooth and a pleasure to use, the same happens with the hand-held remote controls.

In the back of the controller you will find the normal track outputs, plus a 12 volt accessories output and the CDU points control output.

All my locos run very smoothly even at slow speeds which as been a huge improvement compared with all my previous controllers.

At last but not least it brings a five year warranty. 

Hope this helps 😉

Edited by tavora