Kato turnouts and power routing

Kiran

I am experimenting quite a bit and learning a lot. There are still a few things that confuse me.

#4 turnouts 20-220 and 20-221: These don't appear to have any screws for setting power routing. So if I use them for island platform, I have to just feed power to the branch line. Am I correct?

Double track single cross overs 20-230 and 20-231: I am still struggling a bit with these. Screws are correctly set to non-power routing. Frog power is off. Both tracks have power feeds. The Athern F59PHI still struggles a bit with these. It loses power for half a second or so while switching tracks through the turnout. The Kato F40 breezes through fine. The Athern was losing power even with frog power on. Aside from power routing, these turnouts also appear to have mechanical problems. The Virging pendolino from Rapido doesn't like them very much. It tries to go straight even the switch is thrown. I may have to file the ends a little bit. The scissors cross over 20-210 works generally fine.

I had 2 of the Athearns, check to see if the get power from both trucks, put paper under one, so you don't tilt to far, because that would also stop it.  The #4 turnouts should have screws, 8n N scale.  Just like the single cross over.