Buying from Popondetta by email

alpineaustralia

Does anyone have had an email contact with Popondetta last week? I've send a reply to their mail on January 7 but still haven't received anything back.

Guest Closed Account 1

You could resend your email like this:

Hello:

I would like to buy Widget 007 x1.

Pay with paypal.

Ship with Ems.

Sincerely,

Bob Snuffy

No it's about a defect item that I want to send back. They replied that they would take it back but when I asked for details (if they could check the motor of the replacement item they would send, address and such), but haven't received anything back since.

I sent my reply on the 7th and another one on the 11th. They replied to my first mail in a day but haven't received anything back since.

yeah they usually get right back to you, but its sounding like maybe they are having trouble with their overseas communications. this is an issue for japanese shops as they may only have one person they feel comfortable with to communicate in other languages to the external world. hope this is not an issue with them as thats what took hobbyworld (retirement) and rainbowten (staff cutbacks) out of the overseas supply chain...

keep us posted. I havnt done a poppendetta order for like 6 months or so.

jeff

I have had contact with them recently but haven't got a reply to my email from January 30. It took them about three weeks to reply on the email before that.

Edited by Densha

Still nothing from them.  I just sent a mail re-stating the items that I want to preorder... sometimes those webforms don't work too well (or I might have entered the wrong thing somewhere).  I don't want to miss-out on the pre-order price, that's all.

I was considering ordering from Hobbyworld until I saw the conversation below. Their site says its still under development. Does this mean I should wait until further notice before trying to order from them? Or is this another site that went into retirement?

yeah they usually get right back to you, but its sounding like maybe they are having trouble with their overseas communications. this is an issue for japanese shops as they may only have one person they feel comfortable with to communicate in other languages to the external world. hope this is not an issue with them as thats what took hobbyworld (retirement) and rainbowten (staff cutbacks) out of the overseas supply chain...

keep us posted. I havnt done a poppendetta order for like 6 months or so.

jeff

Yes unfortunately the overseas dept of hobby world (aoshima) closed last year when the main person that ran it retired. There was a little talk it might reopen last fall, but then no new news, so I would not hold your breath. But I do hold out hope it might eventually reopen!

Jeff

Well... I'm back to Popondetta for another order... after qutie sometime... Cause Popondetta has one IMPRESSIVE list of USED train sets that are oh-so-delicious! Especially so for long-discontinued sets... Sometimes the USED sets also come with pre-installed interior lights, and that is GOOD value!

Ordered a E351 8-car basic set Super Azusa 10-358, that has pre-installed interior lightings at a good price! And also a Micro Ace A0521 455 Series 'Akabe' colour 3-car set... Gotta love painted trains! The dog is super cute!

Also, now Popondetta has a 'procedure' for overseas customers to order direct from their shop, instead of going through email ordering. It's faster, especially if you wanna grab that great value USED set before anyone else. I dont know if it has already been around for a while, but i just happened to saw their link in my email and thought i might share it here: http://www.popondetta.com/en/how_to_order.pdf

IMHO, Popondetta still offered a good chance to get USED sets at good prices, which is good if you have a set to buy that is already long discontinued and hard to find... Even better since Yahoo Auction, which usually holds most if not all of the older and hard-to-find sets, is unavailable to overseas clients like us and even if you use an external agent it might work out even more expensive after service charges than what Popondetta might offer.   

Have you guys seen their English website yet?

http://www.popondetta.com/en/

@JR500

Going for painted trains again? Is it bad for your wallet to tell you that there are several trains in this livery? http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=104&scope=1&scope2=0&itkey=akabe

English site? Interesting! But, after clicking on the 'shop online', it goes back to the original Japanese site... Oh well, at least there are explaination pages~~

Thanks Densha... Or not? Haha~ Well, though the 719 and 485 both looks good, i still like the colour & feel of the 455... White & red band with cute little dogs~ 

Is it my browser which is unable to show any of the pics when looking at the used train section? All the ones I've checked come up as "no photo".

Is it my browser which is unable to show any of the pics when looking at the used train section? All the ones I've checked come up as "no photo".

Nope.  It's them, not you.  They simply haven't taken photos of the product.

Yes Minelayer, that is also a problem for me as there were no pictures of the used models for sale. I mean even if there was a 'stock' photo from catalogue it would help us greatly, instead of using HS site (or other sites if you encounter even older models that HS has not listed) just to find out which model the stock number corresponds to. It's like times like this where i lost out on good deals on terrific sets, like the MicroAce A6071 Hayato-No-Kaze and A8660 Kiha-48 Kazeko... 

Alternatively, recognising and learning the Japanese is a good way to know what the set is. My limited but improving Japanese has helped me identify the Super-Azusa with interiot lighting set up for grabs and i quickly grabbed it, knowing it's going to be sold-out soon and a good deal to have all cars interior lighted at the same time.

Lastly, you can also make a note on the model numbers that you are looking for. I have a list of numbers and i remember them by heart, so i can recognise them immediately, or search for them, on Popondetta site to see if any is available.

I guess taking photos of each used model for sale is too tedious...

One thing to note though, Popndetta has very strict QC rating on their used train sets. What they term as a B will be very good and smooth running, and the A is almost as new. Also they will describle in the item description if anything is dirty or missing, like example below:

(USED)

GREENMAX グリーンマックス総合カタログVol.12

程度B- 表紙裏表紙テープ跡・汚れ  

means dirt on some pages, but i could rarely find any on them! They are a little used though.. 

(USED)

MICRO ACE 455系"あかべぇ"塗装 3両セット A0521

[走]B[ボ]A[付]A

ウレタン6両用に変更

車輪汚れ

Wheels are dirty, but not so after i inspected them. Lights still light up nicely. Box has a insert for 6-cars instead of the original 3-car foam insert.

(USED)

KATO E351系「スーパーあずさ」基本(旧ロット) 10-358

[走]B[ボ]B[付]C

96年ロット/電球色室内灯取付

屋上機器取付残りなし

'Ball' (orange colour) light interior lighted installed. Remainder of roof parts included. Item arrived exactly as describled!

That's what i like about Popondetta... ~ A good source for used train sets.

...And also a Micro Ace A0521 455 Series 'Akabe' colour 3-car set... Gotta love painted trains! The dog is super cute!...

It's a cow!!

It's a cow!!

AAhh... Yes! Thanks steveh!

I googled and found it here: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%B5%A4%E3%81%B9%E3%81%93

伝説[編集] - LEGEND

807年(大同2年)、柳津町円蔵寺には徳一大師が円蔵寺の虚空蔵堂を建立する際、上流の村から大量の材木を寄進された。しかし、水量が豊富な只見川から材木を運搬することは決して簡単ではない仕事だった。

人々が材木を運ぶのに難儀しているとどこからかの群れが現れ、材木の運搬を手伝ってくれた。重労働で多くの牛が倒れる中で最後まで働いたのが赤色の牛だったといわれている。そのことから、赤べこが作られた。

Indeed it is a cow! My mistake!

• cteno4 pinned this topic