T Trak Station Build

EdF

Looks like some green roof parks. A couple of buildings i know have miniature gold on them and I remember one with a driving range.

jeff

Anyone know a source for 1/3 inch gridding?  This would go behind the "glass" for frames.  And match the 1/3 tiling sheets.

Edited by EdF
Spelling

EdF

'1/3 inch grinding?'

I suspect that you mean '1/3 inch gridding'.

Would flywire (Fly screen') work?

Wrong colour, probably.

And if you find something suitable, put it on the outside of the glazing, frames appear on both the outside and inside of windows.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Nice I like how you are using the foam as a sub structure for the big building. Saves having to do a more complex internal support structure that can be a pain!

jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The gloss cote failed spectacularly.  The screen caused a ton of bubbles, maybe the weather too, there is almost no good time to spray outdoors in the mid-atlantic.  Anyone know a source of black solid or translucent plastic I could cut with scoring?  Like the evergreen sheets but shiney?

Might look at the window coating films, they come in all sorts but would not work on the tiled surface. 

You might try a layered look on window material and print onto clear acetate and then film on front to tint and the back with thin clear acrylic to support. There are a few tinted acetates you can buy and then try printing on them, but it’s a risk in the laser printer unless specified and ink may not adhere well to non inkjet acetates.

pin tape is another option but takes a bit of patience to get done well. 

Might try your local craft and hardware store and just troll the isles looking for something with the look you want. If found odd bits like this for stuff with a totally different purposes. Finding suitable materials can be tough.

what went wrong with the gloss coat? I agree it’s limited good time for outdoor painting. I recently got a cheapo tanning spray tent (these fold up) to try spraying out side but protect from insects (knats love lacquer thinner) and falling schmutz.

Jeff