Unijoiner Removal Tool??

AllenZ

Okay I'm totally stumped.  Does anyone know how to use this removal tool for the unitram track?  I tried and tried but can't figure it out.  That and the retailer came with my V60 track set.

Currently I just use a small hobby needle nose pliers and a small straight bald screwdriver.

If there's an easier way I sure can't see it..

Thanks

Allen

Unijoiner Removal Tool Sm.jpg

It's really not a very good tool. You place it over the end of the joiner, so it's flush with the edge of the track. Then you push it up vertically so the two little "flaps" on the tool lodge between the little ratchety flap thingies on the joiner. Then you just pull it away from the track, and supposedly the joiner comes with it.

I'm not so fond of them. Pliers often ruin the joiner. I usually just use my hand and grip the joiner tightly. "Pain is in the mind", I tell myself.

Edited by gavino200

I like them, I hook two fingers under and my thumb on the unijoiners end and rock and they pop out nicely. But then again I’ve removed a lot of unijoiners of unijoiners over the years so just gotten use to it.

jeff

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Then you just pull it away from the track, and supposedly the joiner comes with it.

There's your problem!  Just like when you want to separate two pieces of unitrack, you have to bend the joiner at an angle until it easily pops out.  Use the long end of the removal tool for leverage, bending in towards the short end of the tool.  Its not quite as easy as the track is (otherwise the joiners might come out when you dont want them too), but I havent had too much trouble with removing them in the past.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.  I'm gonna try what Kiha66 says.  if it don't work, I got a 3D printer so maybe I"ll design something to slip in and compress those locking tabs 😉

• Like 1