Music while modelling?

marknewton

I don't want to list my music due to I have got a long list of artists and all of the music is stored on my laptop via iTunes or I have them in a folder and can play them repeatedly via Windows Media Player. Most of it is Japanime music but I do have a wide range of music from the 60's up to today. The benefits when I use to DJ at a radio station :P

thats ok i have absolutely no idea who justin timerlake and the like are...

I hope that's not meant to imply that I *do*... ;-)  No, I'm usually 10-15 years behind, but that doesn't mean I'm wasting my time on what's current. :-)

no it was more a comment on me being looked at strangely all the time when i ask question like "who's justin timberlake?" or "what does hanna montana do?" i think my pop culture may be arrested in the last century.

jeff ;-p

Hobby Dreamer

@toni

You did a great job... I cannot even think of what instruments you used! 

A friend of mine writes and has a band. There might be interest here because he bases his sound on electronic games from Japan.  Some are more Japan than others, but the song I like best is "Feed the Machine" (you can here the whole CD for free on the right)..

Its funny, too, because I had no idea what instruments he used either... I think he mentioned that they "sampled" his playing so they only used part of his playing and recreated the rest electronically...

Cheers

Rick

You did a great job... I cannot even think of what instruments you used!

Synths. Lots of synths and a few samples (sound effects) then sidechain the whole lot (especially the bassline and bassdrums). We were pretty mellow/drunk at the time we made this song, so it's not really one of our most serious efforts to make a good song (hence the different styles and overuse of vocoders). Anyway, we're already pretty happy we finished the thing and put it online.

BTW, I can't see the link of your friend's band anywhere. Could you please point me out to it?

Martijn Meerts

Not bad at all, has a little bit of Dream Theater going on. Not really my style of hard rock/prog rock, but definitely not bad.

Guest Closed Account 1

Because I've been doing some really odd shifts these last few weeks, my circadian rhythms are out to buggery, and I'm sitting here typing this at 1.51am, wide awake. While I'm working out the design for my Project Party diorama, I've got iTunes open, and I'm listening to the sort of music I first got into back in the early eighties.

My late night modelling playlist includes The Falling Joys, Pere Ubu, Juliana Hatfield, Maybe Dolls, The Numbers, Comsat Angels, Max Sharam, The Triffids, Killing Heidi, Irwin Thomas, Bughouse, The Fall, Altered Images, Ed Kuepper, The Grates, Stella One Eleven, Rebecca's Empire, The Mutton Birds, Bandit Queen, Do Ré Mi, Chris Bailey, Operator Please, Young Marble Giants, Wire, Clouds, Hunters & Collectors, Voice of the Beehive, Plug Uglies, Machinations, Penny Flanagan And The New Moon, Sandii and The Sunsetz, The Red Guitars, Motor Ace, The Chills, Ya Ya Choral, that sort of thing.

What are the rest of you listening to?

Cheers,

Mark - the insomniac.  :cheesy

iTunes?

Irish Rock Laut.fm/celtic-rock (no English iPhone app yet)

Club 80's with DJ Lex

College stations.

1AM? I'd have the ambient, meditation music on.

Acoustic Rock