my repainted Kato HO EF65's

harukablue

Hi all, i thought you might like to see some photo's of my repainted HO Kato EF65's, i dont know why but Kato have only made these lovely loco's in limited liveries, blue, blue and cream, rainbow and an experimental JR freight scheme so i had these three models repainted into the current JR Freight scheme.

The guy in Japan who does these models also replaces all the handrails with brass wire and adds other fine details.

post-214-13569923254094_thumb.jpg

post-214-13569923254342_thumb.jpg

post-214-13569923254609_thumb.jpg

Hi, no wish i had the skill!!!!, i get them from a guy in Japan, he does others too but only in HO, take a look at

http://homepage3.nifty.com/DML30HSE/HO-EL-EF65-1035.htm

Lew

After seeing his work....wow! What impressed me most about his blog is the technique he used to paint the door.

I'm always afraid that after painted one portion, then masking it to paint another, not peeling the paint off with the tape.

Hi, no i buy the completed models from him, he buys a basic Kato/Tomix then does his magic costs in the region of Y22000 for an EF65.

Lew

Hi, no i buy the completed models from him, he buys a basic Kato/Tomix then does his magic costs in the region of Y22000 for an EF65.

Lew

Lew - but he doesn't do N scale?

Lew

Lew - but he doesn't do N scale?

No sorry only HO what are you looking for, he might have a friend of a friend lol