Painted or Wrapped Trains in Special Liveries

Krackel Hopper

Not bad painting for a train, but the train itself looks pretty old... Goes well with this perhaps? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10224245

Errr... no. That's on the other side of Japan.

HHhmmm.. was browsing and came across this: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10131821

Thought it looked rather nice ~~ Any idea to motorise it?

And also found these cute trains on youtube!

I love the Anpanman train!

Dunno. I came across that one too a while back. It's from the Tosa Kuroshio railway on Shikoku. The video you placed is on a station on one of that railway's lines. JR Shikoku provides through express services to the terminal of one of their (if not multiple) lines. I once saw some guy who applied the Anpanman livery himself on the JR Shikoku 2000系.

POISON! 

There seems to be a 3-car set, 10-934, is it not? However, i couldn't make out the small prints regarding this.... I can't have a 11-car train, but i can consider having a special 3-car one to run, simply because it's way too sweet to miss!  

Anyone with a Tama Train or Ichigo train is RICH~~~ 

Correction: Anyone able to resell a Tama or Ichigo train will become rich ;)

I should have bought some... :P

As a late train buddy of mine once observed "You can slap a $250 price tag on a model train but it isnt worth $250 until you find someone willing to open their wallet and pay your asking price....otherwise your $250 train is worth under ten bucks...."

Yap. Willing seller, willing buyer. However, you might be amazed some people with the spending power are willing to spend for some items they desire so much...

Anyhow, the Tama train is really very cute! I can't say much about the Strawberry train, but it sure re-sells for a huge sum... The other similar train series, the Thomas train, doesn't re-sell just as well: http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x301338541... I personally thought they looked quite good ~~

Edited by JR500 のぞみ

Just bumping the post bill937ca made sometime back regarding the 115系「まんぷく宝しま号... This train is just BEAUTIFUL!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE produce this train PLEASE! 

I want a 115 series as i don't have one, and this one is a sure get for me! The colour and painting is just BEAUTIFUL! 

Is there a site whereby we can vote for any manufacturers, Kato, Tomix, MicroAce, GreenMax etc. to develop the train model?  

• Like 1

So i took a try at converting a normal Tomytec Railway collection set with a motorised chassis. I thought it would be quite difficult, but i was quite amazed at the simplicity of the steps to convert the train! All i had to do was to remove the chassis of the car you wish to motorise, change the coupler with the ones provided in the motorised chassis set, change small parts like the wheel covers, the snow plow (if any), change the pantograph (to look nicer), change the wheels of the trolley carriage to steel wheels, add in a steel plate for weight and return the body to the chassis! It's really quite simple!

And what better way to try than to try it first hand on my recent Fujikyoko Evangelion set!

Made a small edited video to show the smooth running of the converted set:

(Caution -> Amateur content ahead!) 

Now i'm confident to buy more Railway collection sets to motorise, and also produce more videos!

Thanks for viewing!   

they have made it super painless! it can be quite addictive and its really a decent deal as you can power up and finish a two car set many times for about $40. but then you want to put them in nice case boxes and that adds to the $$!

jeff

Just bumping the post bill937ca made sometime back regarding the 115系「まんぷく宝しま号... This train is just BEAUTIFUL!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE produce this train PLEASE! 

I want a 115 series as i don't have one, and this one is a sure get for me! The colour and painting is just BEAUTIFUL! 

Is there a site whereby we can vote for any manufacturers, Kato, Tomix, MicroAce, GreenMax etc. to develop the train model?  

jr, is this the one you were linking? the above video does not seem to be working right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHi8dsiK6yA

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

?

The video looks ok in my browser? But yes that's the train i was taking about. Thanks Jeff! It's a beauty, isn't it? Wish any manufacturer can come out with this model!

Yap the painless process of conversion is definitely a selling point for the Tomytec Railway Collection system! Now i have to look at them differently! However, they still lack the front and rear lights and interior lights are a no go too so that is the dis-advantage, but the cost definitely out-weigh them!

I used my spare Kato Crystal box to place the Evangelion set in ~ Won't wanna risk damaging the beautiful painting on them!

post-819-0-21184200-1381969563_thumb.jpg

Edited by JR500 のぞみ

hmm its just tries to start and goes directly to the thumbnail end frame when you hit play for me.

it is a nice one and would make a great tomytec 4 car set!

some of the tomytec sets (like the 4 seasons) have the slots in the bottom of the carriages that would allow power pickup trucks little power pins to transfer them thru, kind of looks like they did this to be able to pull power in like the btrains. but even w/o the slot its pretty easy to use a roto tool to cut slots and then get some trucks with power pickups to do some internal lighting. 

cheers

jeff

Just pre-ordered my ASO Boy as well..

This is also a cool offering from MicroAce, due in July as well..

I like the distinctive headlights..

Series 485 `Irodori`

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176590

irodori.jpg

Just got this in the mail today......i'll try to do a shot of it on the rails while the one end is lit this weekend......see how her great eyes translated into N scale!

Just got this in the mail today......i'll try to do a shot of it on the rails while the one end is lit this weekend......see how her great eyes translated into N scale!

Hey John! Surprise surprise! I was looking at this set too! But couldn't bear paying quite a fair bit even for a used set... guess i missed the boat when it first came out... Gotta love the eyes and the overall colour of the train... Looking forward to your pictures and congrats! 

Krackel Hopper

Congrats!  Her eyes look good in n-scale!

It was tough to list that set as "used" because I test ran it the day I received it.  Then it sat in its bookshelf case for the last year.  I switched my focus towards Hokkaido and with the 785/789 Super Hakucho, Asahiyama Zoo Renewal and a wedding around the corner.. I figured I need to let go of a few trains that don't fit into my Hokkaido setup to finance some future releases that do!

I'm glad she went to a good home.. and can actually get out on the rails for people to see!

Congrats!  Her eyes look good in n-scale!

It was tough to list that set as "used" because I test ran it the day I received it.  Then it sat in its bookshelf case for the last year.  I switched my focus towards Hokkaido and with the 785/789 Super Hakucho, Asahiyama Zoo Renewal and a wedding around the corner.. I figured I need to let go of a few trains that don't fit into my Hokkaido setup to finance some future releases that do!

I'm glad she went to a good home.. and can actually get out on the rails for people to see!

Sharks i was contemplating on this when i discovered your sales thread and John beat me to it... Well glad it went to a good home! 

Guest keio6000

Never say never.  Despite being mainly no fan of painted trains, I finally found one that I actually would buy:

CarpL13640a.jpg8382576821_bdceb20477_z.jpg

Why?

We'll I'm going to say something now that may make me sound like a lightweight, fly-by-night.

But, after 2+ decades of supporting Chunichi, recently I changed my support to the Hiroshima Carp baseball team.

I know this sounds like some sort of gross infidelity, but the fact is that I actually had lost interest in Chunich for the last few years.  Nothing wrong with them as a team (in fact, they had some success recently), but their stadium and fan base simply aren't fun.   I happened to be in Hiroshima and caught a match at the Mazda stadium there and thought it was an absolutely wonderful baseball experience and the fans were passionate and, well, fun.  Later, I went to a few Carp games vs the Giants at Tokyo dome and found this to be true even there, where the carp fans were just so much better than the Giants fans (ok, picking on giants fans is easy, but the point was that the carp fans were particularly great).

I will still support Chunichi (and for that matter, Yakult) against the likes of the Giants, Tigers, and BayStars -of course!   But I am happy to add Hiroshima to the list of teams I support, and this train would be welcome in my collection even though now that I think about it I dont really have any hiroshima area stuff save for a single tomyec tram.

Ha you could be bitten! careful they are addictive!

Hanshin Tigers car was done by Hanazono.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10131821

you figure tomytec wold be doing as many of these as possible as co ventures with the teams, seems like a great promotional. perhaps they have in japan for local release only.

you are spot on, the fans are such a big part of going to a baseball game, they really make the whole experience. Ive lost most of my sports interest over the years as games got really expensive, players overpaid and turned into divas taking steroids, and the fan experience not so much fun anymore with major league baseball. but our local minor leagues are still pretty fun and inexpensive evening of entertainment! unfortunately none really close to us.

cheers

jeff

Paint trains alert! 

Talking about painted trains, a new one just popped up on HS: 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10251384

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10251384b/30/1

And here's the original train:

CUTE! 

I'm getting this! Motor made by GreenMax and directional lights! Seems quite expensive for a 2 car train though... Definitely looks good running next to the Rilakumma!