Painted or Wrapped Trains in Special Liveries

Krackel Hopper

Interesting.  I bought the B-Train shorty version because I didn't want to deal with the decals; I thought Platz announced the ready-to-run full completed version of their model with the decals applied at the Shizuoka show a couple of months ago?  Don't know if the completed Platz version will still be going ahead now that Tomytec have announced theirs.

In any case, whichever company puts out the best product will get my money.

K'On tram! Painted~~ 

Sweet, but i don't have tram tracks to run this on... The gundam painting will be very interesting to see ~~ 

K'On tram! Painted~~ 

Sweet, but i don't have tram tracks to run this on... The gundam painting will be very interesting to see ~~ 

Keishin is not all street running. It has a fair amount of railway track.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 1

Note that the Keishin Line is the line from Misasagi to Hamaotsu (the first station in the video) with through service via the Kyoto subway Tozai Line (as you can see in the last part of the video). The only trains used on the line are Keihan 800 series.

The Ishiyama-Sakamoto Line runs from Ishiyamadera via Hamaotsu to Sakamoto. In Hamaotsu there is a connection that is only used for stopping at the same platforms but the 800 series returns to Kyoto and the Ishiyama-Sakamato Line trains don't run on the Keishin Line. The trains used on the Ishiyama-Sakamoto Line are the 600 and 700 series, of which the 600 series is the train Tomytec released and is being used for anime advertisements.

It is definitely categorized as a railway line, probably with the street running sections labeled as "railway crossings".

Map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ja/0/01/KeihanMap%28150dpi%29.png & Keihan 600 series: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%BA%AC%E9%98%AA600%E5%BD%A2%E9%9B%BB%E8%BB%8A_%283%E4%BB%A3%29

<p>My MA Galaxy Express 999 8-car set arrived yesterday, and it is gorgeous!   <strike>Piccys tomorrow!!!!</strike></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Edit: Going up now on the Post Office Delivery thread</p>

Edited by John k
Krackel Hopper

I just discovered, the Asahiyama Zoo Train got a new paint job.  HS posted the Plarail version..

Hopefully this means we'll see a Tomix version soon..

1044086_10153016772060192_1158414841_n.j

0627069-thumb450x.jpg

• Like 1

I thought that train series was long retired, but I guess I'm not really keeping up with JR Hokkaido's trains.

@ bill937ca : I didn't know that. That's quite a long stretch of normal rail tracks... But that was just an excuse for me so...

EErrr... this one doesn't really rub onto me... And it's Hokkaido... So it's a miss for this ~~

Edited by JR500 のぞみ
Martijn Meerts

That one is actually rather ugly in my opinion... Seems like they just randomly pasted some stickers on there without any thought ;)

The Evangelion streetcar set arrived today at my office!

Piccys tomorrow....it is a NICE set!  (and i have ordered the extras to make it a good runner for NTrak.....powerplant/chassis, wheels, etc)

This is not quite a painted train.  Its been described as a PR train or promotional train. These trains have head marks and markings on the side that do not completely over the car.

PR train "Summer of Izu" Tokyu Toyoko Line 5050 system

Tokyu Toyoko Line 5050 series "ONE PIECE Grand Arena tour 

I wonder if Kato will do this one, since they've already released the regular Yamanote 50 years all green E231...

+ Rilakuma!

(video)

I doubt Kato would do one, but I saw one modified version running at a layout at the JAM. Probably self made stickers and all. Quite ballzy to pull off such a modification.

post-188-0-57983200-1377518395_thumb.jpg

Painted train alert! 

I suddenly got an email from HS for 'You can now place an order for an item that you are looking for' and i got shocked! I thought i already have most of the items i registered on 'waiting list' from HS? Wonder what it is...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10069917

Haha! 

The Modemo NT-87 Yuko-go tram Motorised set is now available for sale! Hurry! I think these are long gone and dug out from some storage space HS suddenly found! For those of you that would like this tram now is a good chance to get it! 

its come back in stock a few times here in the last year so they must have made a few.

its a very nice train, very colorful artwork and up on the top end of all my painted trains.

cheers

jeff

its come back in stock a few times here in the last year so they must have made a few.

its a very nice train, very colorful artwork and up on the top end of all my painted trains.

cheers

jeff

Wow~ That tempted me abit to get it... That is.. Until: 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241016

Wow i must be lucky today!