Painted or Wrapped Trains in Special Liveries

Krackel Hopper

It's based on a greenmax model so far I know and I know think it can be motorized by some Tomix/Tomytec power unit but I have no idea which.

But this month Tomytec will release the Keihan 600 in normal livery and they have produced a new power unit especially for that one, maybe that would fit: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10205587

But I know there's more information available, I just don't have time to look it up now.

Yep, it'll come out in two days (thursday) if my information is correct. TamTam awaits my return.

@ Toni: Are you referring to the Eva or the Keihan? I thought the Eva is scheduled to release in July and the Keihan in May?    

Power unit to motorise the Keihan 600 trains.

Power unit to motorise the Keihan 600 trains.

Thanks Toni! Will you be getting the Keihan 600 AKB-48 train too?  

Just wish to confirm, so the TM-20 N-Gauge Power Unit For Railway Collection, 15m Class C (Model Train) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10205587 coming out on Thursday can be used to motorise the Keihan 600 trains, while the TM-06 N-Gauge Power Unit For Railway Collection, For 18m Class A (Model Train http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10049881 is for the Tomytec Eva train?

Just wish to get the correct systems right for the correct trains. Speaking of which, is it easy to convert the trains using these chassis? Sorry for the noob question as i never had any experience on this...

also at the bottom, painted tomytec portrams with railway daughters! with the tomytec portram you can have a shell for every mood!

jeff

The fourth picture from above is the Evangelion train: http://blog.miyakomokei.com/?p=5370

It's a beauty, isn't it? Really vivid colours! What i really don't like is the coupler... Look at that horrid spacing... An elephant could fall through that.. Anyway to change this?

Wow that's quite an eye catcher! Totally wrapped! Expect the licensing is not cheap on this one, but would be good advertising for the park! Wonder if this will ever get done?

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Martijn Meerts

In light of my recent increased interest in Japanese H0j and H0e, I hope MicroAce is NOT getting a license to do a model of this one ;)

In light of my recent increased interest in Japanese H0j and H0e, I hope MicroAce is NOT getting a license to do a model of this one ;)

That sounds like sour grapes!     :toothy10:  But they do make these trains just too attractive for the pocket book.

Edited by bill937ca

Never expected to see a 201 series with ads like these in 2013. That said I hope they'll stay in service there for some years so I can catch one when I get to Japan.

Never expected to see a 201 series with ads like these in 2013. That said I hope they'll stay in service there for some years so I can catch one when I get to Japan.

The theme park it advertises isn't expected to open until late 2014.

universal studios japan has been open since 2001, the harry potter attraction there happens in 2014. i think the first train from 2012 was for the park with the hello kitty, snoopy, and sesame street characters and the new one now is for the new harry potter attraction coming there in 2014.

jeff

Ouch... Now that 201 Universal Studios train is a beauty! Absolautely sweet! The Mrs love it too!

So got 'license' and permit to buy this train, if it does come out on model though... MicroAce please?

That looks a bit weird with the two cab cars having ads and the two middle cars in normal Keihan livery.

Ouch... Now that 201 Universal Studios train is a beauty! Absolautely sweet! The Mrs love it too!

So got 'license' and permit to buy this train, if it does come out on model though... MicroAce please?

Except there are two Universal Studios 201s. It will cost you twice as much.