Painted or Wrapped Trains in Special Liveries

Krackel Hopper

Krackel Hopper

I think that's got to be Euro - there are a couple other Euro trains on the previous page.  Lucky for me, I don't collect the Euro painted too.. some of those Kato (HobbyTrain) locos are beautiful, but quite expensive!

I know what you're talking about.. I've been looking for one of the Akabe (Cow Train) sets for a while.. preferably the 485 Series.. but any.. HobbySearch just "re-released" the 789 Series today.  When I got home from work I noticed it, and it was already sold out!

Did you make sure to pre-order the Asahiyama Zoo Train?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164000

Krackel,

hey thanks i missed that! that was one we were hoping for! maybe someone is following jns for ideas!

i guess im going to have to put the card down on that one!

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I need me one of those zoo trains as well.. Luckily its only coming out in March, my credit card should've recovered from the December shopping spree by then ;)

yeah i figured it is 2012! luckily there have been few trains lately that i have wanted to buy.

this really looks like a good one! quite colorful, maybe more so than doreamon.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I quite like the design of the Kiha183 as well, so even without the paint scheme it'd be an interesting train to have.

And well, the world will blow up towards the end of 2012 anyway, so might as well buy some more trains and enjoy until then =)

its a nice looking train, bit of a big tuff looking train -- sort of a bulldog stance. think the zoo painting will make it fun and it is a big canvas for images like this!

jeff

Krackel Hopper

The painted trains are one of the things that really got me hooked on Japanese trains.

My collection is mostly painted & MoW (snowplows, Dr. Yellow/Dr. Tokai) with a few regular but unique looking trains like the Rapit, Yufuin No Mori, & 789 Super Hakuchō.

A full-on painted train layout could be interesting.  It would have to be carefully executed because something like that could easily go so far overboard as to look ridiculous or an eye-sore.

scott,

ooh nice one, thanks! ive not seen that as a model. sooo many painted trains in japan its amazing!

cant wait for the zoo train!

jeff

gonna see if i can get the power chasis for my train tommorow

seen a ge ge ge kitaro train on sale .... ( plan on going to akihabra tommorow and check the 3 hobby stores there, might stop by in shibuya to ) seems they also sale used trains in all those shops too....    will see what i come up with (manga liner from above post new is 12000 yen..... bit much  )

Krackel Hopper

I need to add a few trains to my wishlist!

I stumbled across these today while I was looking at something else.

Hokkaido Lavender Tour Train:

http://www.1999.co.jp/10047426

and since I'm starting to focus/learn about Hokkaido..

Hokkaido Ice Drift Tour Train:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10047427

Then there's this.. because who doesn't want a train with fruit?

http://www.1999.co.jp/10040066

I'll have to start stalking Yahoo Auctions JP.. doubtful I'll see these on Ebay..

Ooh nice, if only tomix or Kato would do this train! They really are not into painted trains like this except from tomy tec some, unfortunate.

Jeff

Martijn Meerts

Looks more like something MicroAce would do, but they haven't done an 800 series at all yet..

One thing to keep in mind as well, is that whoever would do a Pokemon 800 series would likely have to pay up for the Pokemon license, which probably isn't going to be cheap. On the other hand, I doubt a Pokemon train would sell bad ;)

yeah the licensing fees could be a simple flat fee or a horrible percentage. i do think its one that folks would pay the premium for though, most all painted trains sell very well, but i could see that kato and tomix probably want much larger numbers for a run than microace does so they may not be able to sell out a run easily at a higher price. it wis something they have already tooled though, so presumably a short run for a pokemon train would not be horrible cost to them if they could think about selling it out well. hot sellouts like that also are always good buzz!

jeff

This looks like ex-Keio, ex-Iyotetsu stock on the Choshi Electric Railway. Wonder where they found the money for paint? Selling rice cakes? Note that track bed. Its not Kato!!   :grin

Photographers notes:

New Year's Day morning in 2012, in the Choshi Electric Railway's annual "Diamond sunrise" train service was held by. Narita Express Line JR "sunrise barking" Rapid - "first sunrise Choshi" in a way that fit in, trains started from Choshi Station from 4:00 - 32 minutes, 56 minutes from 3:00 Togawa station.

In response to transportation 多客, this system became operational in 2000 as well as two diamond-shaped sunrise last year, each organization has been the head puts up special mark. 2001 is organized around a different design, organization 2002 is the same design front and rear head mark.

In the first sunrise of the bottom line and say, Even the weather is seen soon in Japan and the sunrise seen 犬吠埼 that (laughs).

"Date taken" 2012.1.1

they are very fun, i actually sold off my kato portrams to buy one of these instead! i had enough of the plain ones from the tomytec, but this one with the kids eco design was just too fun!

jeff

just noticed this on one of iso8's videos, anyone know which painted train this one is?

looks like the time link does not auto embed properly, here it is to load with at the correct time

cheers

jeff

westfalen,

thanks mucho, now it rings a bell!

would be a wonderful model! good competition for doreamon.

jeff