Painted or Wrapped Trains in Special Liveries

Krackel Hopper

Jeff - I was swayed by the flowing lines, and I think this was the first painted train that interested me.

David has two versions (one of each), and I find the GreenMax version

http://www.loco1hobby.net/en/completed-painted-models/1082-greenmax-30501.html?search_query=inaho&results=2

much more attractive than the MicroAce with the white background - which to me kills the overall design and the effectiveness of the colors.

http://www.loco1hobby.net/en/micro-ace/1620-micro-ace-a4812.html?search_query=inaho&results=2

Model is being offered by both Tomytec and Greenmax. I decided on the Greenmax because I wanted a powered unit with both the head and tail lights.

Good choice! You'll not only have head and tail lights, but also the option to install interior lights, have no motor visible, and the excellent new coreless motor.

Yes surely a ready to run model with directional lightings and option for interior lighting is cool anytime, good choice!

The tomytec models are nice, but I feel they always tend to be a little... well... plastic. The graphics are nicely painted, but it just somehow feels different, being a little plastic and all...

No doubt the new Green Max model is really good, even at low speeds the running is smooth and silent. Sometimes, it's so good that even a little twitch and the train is off! 

This thread seems to be so buried... missed posting out some nice painted trains like the Izu Craile, Ensyu Railway Type 2000 (30th Anniversary of Foundation Yutaka Giken Co., Ltd. Wrapping Train, The Railway Collection Ensyu Railway Type 2000 (Naotora-chan Wrapping Train), ise-shima liner with logo, Sky train, Shin-chan series, Inaho etc...

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1
Krackel Hopper

Came out a few weeks ago but I just received mine in the mail today!

http://banzaihobby.com/bmz_cache/a/a9a2a56f4671734ccdd3fb6ac4233c11.image.750x512.jpg

I realized that I am starting to have quite the collection is these shorter 1-3 car painted trains from Hokkaido. Enough so that I should really make a small layout to use them on. A little 2x4 or 3x5 rural style layout that these 1-3 car kiha's would look good on. Fox, Crab & Squid, Barbecue Train, Hidaka Pony Train, Hidaka kiha 40, Hokkaido kiha 40s, Lupin III kiha 54.. my latest South Hokkaido Railway kiha 40s.. and my newest preorder of the kiha 54 ice train.. but I digress..

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1
Krackel Hopper

Getting the thread up to date, GENBI!!!

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20170413-2.pdf

Another ouch on the price, but that's the price you pay for painted trains...

Jeff

That is a huge price difference!  The MSRP on the Genbi E3 is 30,240Y and compare that to the new (also 6 car) 800 series from Tomix with the MSRP of 20,304Y.. 9,936Y difference for the exact same number of cars!  Still not as bad as the 37,800Y of the EVA 500 series.. licensing is certainly expensive

However, the Series 1000 Panorama Super Blue Liner (4 car) cost me nearly as much as this Genbi (6 car)

If Tomix can pull off the paint job, I think this will be a real eye-catcher!  I haven't preordered just yet but I am seriously considering!

Edited by Krackel Hopper

parroting toni's posting here on the Osaka Power loop post.

sort of a no brainer for a painted train fan and while not cheap its not bad for an 8 car painted train and greenmax new coreless motor and classic 103

J.R. Series 103 `Osaka Power Loop` Eight Car Formation Set (w/Motor) (8-Car Set) (Pre-colored Completed)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10463436

from bill a while back

cheers

jeff

• Like 2

Lovely multi coloured beautifully painted train that is a no-brainer for any painted train lover to get...

My only regret is why wasn't it designed on a 201series? Not a huge fan of the 103....

JR 500系

Ahah! Now that's a model I want! I have a certain affiliation with the 201 series, perhaps due to the Chuo line...

I thought the 201 series were all retired for the 323 series?

• Densha changed the title to Trains with Special Liveries
On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:48 AM, ronin said:

Please don't torture us like that and leave the boy band 800 as the last image.  Did you take a shot of the Eva 500?

Eric

Sorry Eric

I have pictures but sadly too much maintenance facility equipment in the way for a decent picture, annoyingly.

The Kyushu Railway shop had their monthly N gauge running day on Sunday. It's a great way to give some exercise to the fleet while we are in moving limbo for another few weeks.

One chap there had a couple of Kato 885 Sonics and a 883. He has spent considerable time photographing each car, creating a scale sized image for the model and then printing on decal paper. They are horrible liveries, but you have to admit, these are very well executed examples. I should have asked him whether he would want to share the file for those so inclined. Hopefully he'll be there again next month.

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

Edited by Kamome
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Kamome said:

I should have asked him whether he would want to share the file for those so inclined. Hopefully he'll be there again next month.

I doubt he'd do that.

Most people who invest all that time in creating those sell them for big money on Yahoo.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, katoftw said:

Sad way to ruin a rare 883.

Yeah, not really my taste either but certainly well executed. The gentleman in question only had Kyushu rolling stock so I would bet he’d have another. At least he can get a new one in March if this is his only one. Or maybe he’s a massive Kis-my-FT2 fan!

Edited by Kamome