Okaden Chuggington Brewster Train

bill937ca

That is great. Who would have thought that a BR Deltic would operate in Japan. 😃

Brewster is based on a British Rail Deltic loco - well it sort of looks like one with one less cab.

19 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Video by Dr.YELLOW movie by charonzoom

haha! Question, how does the driver see the road? through those huge windscreen eyes? 

I think it's an entirely new build, using what we could call the "Japanese Standard Tram" design of Niigata Transys, as it seems to share all the main fetaures (body lenght, bogies, pantographs, door placement and type...) of all the other modern Japanese trams built by the company, such as the Man'yo-sen MLRV100 series (2003)Toyama Portram and Centram TLR600 series (2006)Fukutetsu F1000 series (minus the central section, 2016)Echizen L series "Ki-Bo" (2016)Kumamoto Tramway 0800 series (2009) and of course, Okayama Tramway 9200 series "MOMO" (2002).

Yeah I guess I just expected it to be a sort of 'renewal' thing on an old chassis, because with that body they would run it for a few years and then scrap it.  As entirely new rolling stock, I guess Okayama will have their own Deltic until... 2050?

Folks, 

I see that from the 16th. of March, the tramway system in Okayama is operating a train of two tramcars done up to represent characters Brewster and Wilson from the British children's TV series called Chuggington, which is similar to Thomas the Tank Engine.

One car is red the other blue, with character faces on the outer ends.

They apparently operate on a fairly regular service, reserved seats only.

Just the thing to scare motorists, these big faces running towards one!

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Still not as bad as Megabus in the UK. They operate cheap intercity coach services with a huge graphic of a very pink and rather creepy-looking bus driver on the sides and rear. I do wonder how many sketchy overtakes have been made to avoid those eyes staring at you!

On 7/16/2019 at 10:52 PM, Welshbloke said:

Still not as bad as Megabus in the UK. They operate cheap intercity coach services with a huge graphic of a very pink and rather creepy-looking bus driver on the sides and rear. I do wonder how many sketchy overtakes have been made to avoid those eyes staring at you!

"I want you to ride not ride our busses!"

Honestly, how far did they scraped the bottom of the barrel to come up with such a sloppy liviery and horrible company name?

Edited by Socimi
3 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Is that Cardiff in the background? Oddly enough that's where I see them!

Dunno, i've never been to Cardiff.

I found that image on the internet.

Edited by Socimi

Checked with Streetview, it is indeed Cardiff. The building in the background is the Crown Court, looked familiar as there's plenty of cheap parking around there.