Hello from Tucson Arizona

AmtrakBullet

Hey everyone, I sure am glad to be here. I just made the switch from HO to n scale and I just love it, small imperfections are practically invisible LOL I was building an HO module in my studio apartment and there just was no available space. N scale makes a world of difference for me and has opened me up for the much admired Bullet Trains. I am going to take a pass on being prototypical and re paint by bullet with Amtrak colors . . . . I can hardly wait to get started. I have the V 15 laid out on a form board table with painted rails and about a foot of test ballast. I was really surprised the ballasting n scale is ten times easier then HO and looks more realistic when done.

Any way I am on the hunt for something in n scale so I can make sure all the track works before I finish the ballasting . . .

See you around the forum topics

AmtrakBullet

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AmtrakBullet said:

Hey everyone, I sure am glad to be here. I just made the switch from HO to n scale and I just love it, small imperfections are practically invisible LOL I was building an HO module in my studio apartment and there just was no available space. N scale makes a world of difference for me and has opened me up for the much admired Bullet Trains. I am going to take a pass on being prototypical and re paint by bullet with Amtrak colors . . . . I can hardly wait to get started. I have the V 15 laid out on a form board table with painted rails and about a foot of test ballast. I was really surprised the ballasting n scale is ten times easier then HO and looks more realistic when done.

Any way I am on the hunt for something in n scale so I can make sure all the track works before I finish the ballasting . . .

See you around the forum topics

AmtrakBullet

Interesting project. Which Amtrak paint scheme are you using? Airbrush or bristle brush? 

26 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Interesting project. Which Amtrak paint scheme are you using? Airbrush or bristle brush? 

Airbrushing the white portion of the Kato 10-510 to match Amtrak, but I will have to have it in my hand to be sure if I am going to air brush the red white and blue stripe or use pinstripe. I am still looking online for the train at this point

• Like 1

"Thanks for bringing high speed rail to the Americas. Might there be decal options for stripping? Pictures welcome!"

Yeah, would love to see pictures as well.

IMG-0400.thumb.JPG.f728b75fa67422c41aa0c4ef75c74f0f.JPG     Life has kept me away, but the frame is done, tomorrow I will attach the foam board and hoist the whole thing to the ceiling . . . . Did I mention I live in a studio apartment? 20 feet x 14 feet  (6.096 Meters x 4.26 Meter ) with a kitchen and bathroom attached. Any way the bullet is looking good and the Amtrak decals go on tomorrow as well. It is tedious work but I found true to scale Amtrak decals on line.

The track plan for the bullet is complete but I am not sure what to do with the freight just yet...... Pics tommorow

Edited by AmtrakBullet
Redo
  • Like 3